Question about playing cleanly

• Thread starter kylea1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kylea1

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies! to reply to a few of them, i use 1.5mm dunlop sharp picks. and as far as practicing sweeps goes, i only hear the "rubbing" sound when im playing with any gain at all, when i practice on clean the arps sound good with just the individual notes ringing out. this is a video of my playing to show that im not just learning how to play an arpeggio.
psalm of lydia intro - YouTube
the sound im referring to only happens when i record my self and slow down the recording. its sort of a background noise. ive made sure that i can hear each note individually at every speed ive tried.

ive tried to lighten up on the pressure i use to mute unwanted strings but just before the rubbing noise stops, open strings start to ring out.

ive been slowing down my sweeping and really looking at what im doing, i guess the next step would be to take some lessons

revlover

Reaction score
Practice unplugged imo :)

Imo that depends on what you are focusing on. If the focus is on cleaning up your playing gain should be used as dissonance is enhanced this way and mistakes more easily heard. If the focus is on picking dynamics a clean sound is the best as distortion is compression and evens out differences in level.

kylea1

Reaction score
i figured out how to fix it. my right hand needed to be moved a bit to the left and pressed a bit lighter and now everything is starting to be a bit cleaner.

Latest posts

')