Question about stereo cabs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Yes, there was a band in the bay area called Pure Defiance, whom did exactly that.

They stuck a single bass cab directly behind the drummer, then had a Boogie Dual Recto 1/2 stack on each side of the drummer, with each guitarist playing half of each stack.

They didn't have an incredibly loud stage level, every thing was very balanced, and it really shined when they did dual harmony leads.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
How do you do this?!

For instance, my guitarist and I have the same head: The Marshall AVT 150. He has an Ibanez Cab, I have a mesa rect. How do you split the channel off so that it's set up like that

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Angel, you'll need to rewire the cabs to stereo. it's fairly easy to do the rewiring, the rough part will be installing a new jack on the back of the cab.

what speaker outs are on the back of the amp? do you have the manual? with my Nomad, i've got 3 outs (2x 4ohm, 1 8ohm), and the manual is very specific about what combinations of what ohmages of cabs i can hook up simultaneously.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm ill have to look it up. Thanks though Leon! I'lll post it in this thread once i get it up and running

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
cool.

actually, something i'd love to do with my rig is to get a 150w speaker for my Nomad 2x12, then yank out the amp to make it just an extension cab, then pump the Nomad into the C90 and my Sovtek into the 150w.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
Yes, there was a band in the bay area called Pure Defiance, whom did exactly that.

They stuck a single bass cab directly behind the drummer, then had a Boogie Dual Recto 1/2 stack on each side of the drummer, with each guitarist playing half of each stack.

They didn't have an incredibly loud stage level, every thing was very balanced, and it really shined when they did dual harmony leads.

That sounds like an awesome idea.