Question for the wiring gurus (fisman classic, 5 way dm50 switch

• Thread starter jeb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeb

Reaction score
Hey!! I just got my fishman classics, I'll put them in my rg1570... and remove the middle pup. I have a made in japan dm50 switch.

Basically I want to do this exact setup :
DiM_8poleRev2.jpg

I just can't figure how to recreate this with the dm50, I maybe just getting hit by a major brain fart I can't fin anything on google.

Can I do it with the dm50 do I need a super switch?

Thanks for the help!
Jeb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I don't know how those fishman pickups work, are those passive pickups?

You need passive pickups for that config.

That Switch DOES NOT WORK for your needs. It is useful for a 3 pickup guitar, having positions 2 and 4 with middle pickup in parallel with one of the others.

A super switch could do the trick easily, but it is not exclusive. There are some Ibanez switches that also do that wiring scheme, and these can be found on most low to middle level guitars. However, I would suggest the VLX91 for its compact size and perfect fit in any Ibanez guitar.

jeb

Reaction score
Hey!! Thanks odibrom!!
I'll try to figure the wiring with the switch you recommend!! I got the confirmation today from the fishman support that they not provide the wiring diagram for 5 way switch. If I just can't do it... I'll just go with the official wiring with a 3 way switch + a toggle switch for coil split!

Thanks again!

Reaction score
The wiring itself is not dificult and i may be of help, if you need. What must be granted is that both pickups have 4 lead wires AND the knowledge of what they correspond to, North or South coil and hot or ground.

The VLX91 switch IS a superswitch and has the same options.

Reaction score
Hi jeb

Those pickups are active pickups dude! I am not sure the 1st diagram you posted will be possible for position 2.

You might go better with a 3 way+2 push/pull pots for independent coil split or only one for both at the same time.

Also, I am not familiar with active pickups and less with these fishmans, but could give it a try for a diagram drawing. Those links seam to be pretty straight forward, so what would the set up be like?
1x 3way blade
1x push/pull for coil split at the same time
1x tone pot
1x vol pot

jeb

Reaction score
Yeah odibrom ! don't waste your time with a drawing!! I'll go all standard with the official schema! I'll go with a 3 way blade with and 3 positions mini toggle to get all the possibilities. The standard diagrams are really straight forward hehe!

Thanks again for you time!
Cheers!

')