Questions about legitimacy of this Jackson Warrior WRXMG

• Thread starter Alexa run my life
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/1752423-jackson-wrxmg-warrior-rosewood-fingerboard-matte-army-drab

(Sorry if posting these kind of links are not allowed). Why is this X series Jackson Warrior in drab army green going for $949 when it seems all other X series guitars/warriors are for around $600? I am not sure if this is legit because it says it's brand new and I dont recall seeing this color being on any recent models. How can this be brand new? I don't see this on the Jackson website anywhere...

Maybe these are the new models and I missed something? Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Brand new guitars can sit around for years.

I can have a 10 year old guitar that's still brand new.

As for price, it's reverb people can put it up for whatever they want.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Brand new guitars can sit around for years.

I can have a 10 year old guitar that's still brand new.

As for price, it's reverb people can put it up for whatever they want.
It's being sold by a large musical instrument retailer, not just some guy at home. Are you saying that someone could have held onto this guitar for years brand new, decided to sell it to the store, and the store decided to jack up the price by $300, for whatever reason?

Or are you saying that this guitar is still waiting to be sold after being in their store for years and years? I couldnt believe that would be the case because if it wasnt moving for that long they surely would have reduced the price.....at least to the same price that other brand new wrxmg's are going for today.

cip 123

Reaction score
It's being sold by a large musical instrument retailer, not just some guy at home. Are you saying that someone could have held onto this guitar for years brand new, decided to sell it to the store, and the store decided to jack up the price by $300, for whatever reason?

Or are you saying that this guitar is still waiting to be sold after being in their store for years and years? I couldnt believe that would be the case because if it wasnt moving for that long they surely would have reduced the price.....at least to the same price that other brand new wrxmg's are going for today.

It could have been sitting anywhere, if it was sold by a person to the store it would be used. So it has probably been sitting with a distributor or the actual store.

As for the price increase, if you haven't seen it and there aren't many out there then it's "rare" once again they can charge what they want. If it's a discontinued line that you can't get brand new anymore then that's reason enough to put the price up. People want money. If you have issue with the price message them an offer.

If it's being sold by a large music store you don't really have to question the legitimacy of it. No reputable store would sell a fake guitar. Jack the price up? Sure.

hamster

Reaction score
Finding brand new guitars that were manufactured many years ago is a rare event, but it can happen. For example, I found a brand new 2002 RG550EX-SD last month. It stayed in the store's warehouse for 17 years after having been on display during a few months in front of the store in 2003... 100% Unplayed, boxed, with 18 years old factory strings and yellowed tags... It can happen...

mastapimp

Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/1752423-jackson-wrxmg-warrior-rosewood-fingerboard-matte-army-drab

(Sorry if posting these kind of links are not allowed). Why is this X series Jackson Warrior in drab army green going for $949 when it seems all other X series guitars/warriors are for around $600? I am not sure if this is legit because it says it's brand new and I dont recall seeing this color being on any recent models. How can this be brand new? I don't see this on the Jackson website anywhere...

Maybe these are the new models and I missed something? Thanks.
That's Tundra Music and they are Canadian...sometimes their listings are in CAD rather than USD...

When i ordered my Dave Davidson Warrior through a custom dealer back in 2016, Tundra was asking $5,999 USD through their reverb...but their website had the same listing in CAD, which was closer to the mid 4K range USD at the time. That was still way higher than the other quotes i got and i ended up getting the guitar for about $3,800 USD. I don't even bother looking at Tundra music because of this dramatic price difference.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's Tundra Music and they are Canadian...sometimes their listings are in CAD rather than USD...

When i ordered my Dave Davidson Warrior through a custom dealer back in 2016, Tundra was asking $5,999 USD through their reverb...but their website had the same listing in CAD, which was closer to the mid 4K range USD at the time. That was still way higher than the other quotes i got and i ended up getting the guitar for about $3,800 USD. I don't even bother looking at Tundra music because of this dramatic price difference.
Ah I see. I forgot that it could have been canadian money. I dont know anything about canadian money but I saw the $ sign thats used in american money so I didnt think about it. So if it is 949 canadian dollars that converts to 688 US dollars.

I emailed them about it so I'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I also just wanna say that I am disappointed with the lack of options for the Warrior. There aren't enough of the Pro series. When I think of Pro series I think between 800-1000+ used and/new, and thats a price point I would like to spend but it seems alot of the models in that price range are the Davidson models which I dont want. The X series are good for the price but I would like a little more quality. The online market is flooded with that sig model and JS models or USA customs which I can't afford comfortably.

I just want more options overall! End rant. :)

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score

This is exactly why I don't shop there. My last X series RR was coming up to $1400 CAD after shipping and tax from them. I had the same guitar imported from an American online retailer and after shipping and customs paid a little more than half of what they were asking.

Mechayoshi

The Mario Clash
Reaction score
I also just wanna say that I am disappointed with the lack of options for the Warrior. There aren't enough of the Pro series. When I think of Pro series I think between 800-1000+ used and/new, and thats a price point I would like to spend but it seems alot of the models in that price range are the Davidson models which I dont want. The X series are good for the price but I would like a little more quality. The online market is flooded with that sig model and JS models or USA customs which I can't afford comfortably.

I just want more options overall! End rant. :)
I feel you. I want a Warrior but not the floods of JS series or modern non Japanese import stuff. My main choice would be a WRMG which of course is the least common if the MIJ MG Jackson’s from a decade ago. There’s the WRXT that’s a contemporary and also MIJ, though which cheaper hardware...

I’m still annoyed I missed a wrmg for 500 a few weeks ago. Normally I’d consider that on the high side, but considering the guitar we’re talking about...

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
That's too expensive for a wrxmg. Although I like that color too, and I'm on the hunt for the same thing. But I can get an old US soloist for a little bit more.

Hard pass. Not worth it for an Indonesian production that is know to hit or miss.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys have steered me away from making possibly a bad choice. There are too many red flags.! Thanks for the great advice!

Also, isnt Floyd Rose Special considered not that good? Tgats another reason why I may not want an X series

Last edited:

Viginez

Reaction score
once i asked for pics, because few listings had the same pics, they didn't bother to respond. sketchy.
you could buy, but who knows which one you'd receive.
i have one in black now, fit and finish is really solid, but i upgraded the special with schaller saddles and an original fr-block.
should be good now.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
once i asked for pics, because few listings had the same pics, they didn't bother to respond. sketchy.
you could buy, but who knows which one you'd receive.
i have one in black now, fit and finish is really solid, but i upgraded the special with schaller saddles and an original fr-block.
should be good now.
I asked yesterday, no response today. All signs point to don't be it, so I am not going to.

There just needs to be more options for these guitars and/or Ibanez needs to fire back up their Xiphos production asap

')