Questions about overall loudness (Invader / 4x12 / 1x12 content)

trig

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about overall loudness. Due to certain circumstances I dragged my Invader/Orange halfstack from the rehearsal „studio“ to my apartment – so what are my options of using it. As much as I’d want to, I cant crank the amp up – it sounds quite decent even on lower volumes, but obviously the 4x12 is too much.

1. Would I be able to crank the amp more with a 1x12 and not be as loud? (does it make any sense?)
2. Should I even use a 100w amp with lets-say a 60w 1x12 cab and not damage anything?
3. Other options besides the attenuator?

Thanks for any input

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trig

Reaction score
cheers

2. Im aware of the impedances, thanks

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
playing a 100W head in an apartment wither through a 1x12 or a 4x12 is complety overkill, imo. The 1x12 won't be as loud, but not a 1/4 as loud. It's still pretty fukcing loud. On the other hand, all ENGLs i've played sound great already at bedroom volume so it'll work fine anyway

trig

Reaction score
yea I know the head is overkill for this - just trying the make the best of it :)

Kakaka

I am with Jesus!
Reaction score
2. Im aware of the impedances, thanks

Never too much to remember, I'd hate to know some nice speakers were damaged because of that. :D

Oh, and dotlike is truly right, it will still sound very loud. I think the attenuator is the best idea.

')