Questions about the Alpha/Omega set

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
What didn't you like about the NAzgul? It's my favorite passive pickup I've ever played. Had one in my caparison (6) and my universe.
had it in a basswood/maple/maple Jackson Slatt 3-7 and it was dreadful. Nasally and just so unpleasant. The only thing I ever ended up using that guitar for was 1 solo on my bands first EP. Even the Sentient which was loads better, was weird. Both of thems main and dominant frequencies are ones I happen to dislike.
Infact I disliked the pickup so much I just sold the whole guitar and bought an AX8 with the money haha

KailM

Reaction score
What didn't you like about the NAzgul? It's my favorite passive pickup I've ever played. Had one in my caparison (6) and my universe.

:agreed:

While it isn't quite my favorite bridge pickup (Black Winter gets that prize), it is close. I should mention I've only owned/tried the 6-string version, in a heavy mahogany guitar.

I think it could be how I dial my rig as well, but it has some of the best chugs I've ever heard, and for searing, Gilmouresque leads over dense mixes, I've never heard a better tone. I love how it sounds when tremelo picking on the low strings tuned to B or C as well. Absolutely ruthless.

I use quite a bit more bass than what more "modern" (for lack of a better term) players use, and when boosting with an OD pedal, I don't cut any further bass, as the pickup is already quite sculpted in that regard. I think where people go wrong with the Nazgul, and it makes or breaks it for them, is they've already got a mindset of setting their amps for clinically tight settings, and that combined with the Nazgul's already sculpted voicing can turn the tone into a clank/quack-fest that is unpleasant to the ears. Give it some bass, don't boost your mids to the moon -- and it's a monster of a pickup.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Yeah I Was just curious. I have used the 6 and 7 string version. To me they are a bit sonicly different, but equally good.
Coincidentally I thought the Black Winter was the worst pickup I've ever bought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.