Quick luthiery/manteinance questions not deserving a thread

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Reradiusing precuts are a pain. The width will likely be insufficient for an 8 string too.

If you want jumbos (I suppose 6100 or the equivalent?) an established luthier will most likely have a stash
Yeah was thinking about that too.
Frets would be SS Dunlop 6100 or the equivalent Jescar.

It's probably just me being anal about what he means by "jumbo" frets.

I'll probably just ask if he has some jumbo fretwires and see what he says.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Got a cool new J Custom yesterday in really good condition, save for this one little finish crack on the arm rest:
20240813_150849_compress52.jpg20240814_083315_compress86.jpg

I was thinking of filling it with some CA glue and then polishing it off, just to prevent it from eventually peeling off. Is that a correct way to go about it? I've read a bit about this stuff in the past but never actually done it. Just want to make sure.

Omzig

Reaction score
Got a cool new J Custom yesterday in really good condition, save for this one little finish crack on the arm rest:
View attachment 148321View attachment 148322

I was thinking of filling it with some CA glue and then polishing it off, just to prevent it from eventually peeling off. Is that a correct way to go about it? I've read a bit about this stuff in the past but never actually done it. Just want to make sure.

Dan is the man.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score

Dan is the man.

Thank you! Idk why I hadn't thought of checking YouTube :lol: but that helps a ton. Already ordered some thin superglue for the job.

')