Quick luthiery/manteinance questions not deserving a thread

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Most likely it's just a spot of hardened glue cracking that got into the truss channel during glue-up, not the wood.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have some minor fret sprout I need to take care of on a bass: is it still "best practices" or whatever to wait until Winter-ish time when the humidity is lower? I guess the thinking is it will be at its worst then, so take care of it at its worth? (If you say "yes" this helps my current procrastination.)

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
I have some minor fret sprout I need to take care of on a bass: is it still "best practices" or whatever to wait until Winter-ish time when the humidity is lower? I guess the thinking is it will be at its worst then, so take care of it at its worth? (If you say "yes" this helps my current procrastination.)
1000011230.jpg

To be serious for a mo, FWIW, I don't think it matters that much, as it is really speculative as to how your particular piece of wood will react. But happy to be proved wrong and learn something new.

')