Quick Mix Test for The IDOLER Album; New drum mix and Bass tone (POD, DFHS)

• Thread starter Slampop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IamLukas

Reaction score
This, my friend, is THE MIX :yesway:.
Very aggressive and clear! Can't say a bad thing about it hahaha, gimme moar bro!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
unbrblncvncfbng/IamLukas/Tyrant-You guys are awesome!!! Thank you for checking out these tracks!!! :steve:

I like how theses sound alot more Fat than your other mixes, overall it kinda takes any gritiness you had before out and now its just all smooth groovin!!!

YES Antenna!!! thank you dude, so pleased you noticed that! :hbang:

Prydogga- honestly man, i can't wait for the album either!!! :banana: it's time i finally finished this IDOLER thing up! :wallbash:

Rick- My jiz just eared!!! :lol: btw...finally checked my Facebook...we're friends now! :fever:

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
honestly man, i can't wait for the album either!!! :banana: it's time i finally finished this IDOLER thing up! :wallbash:

Honestly, I'm just about sick with anticipation dude, I've been listening to the EP a shit ton lately I'm pretty sure that the whole album is gonna FUCKIN OWN ALL THAT HAS EVER EXISTED!!!!!!:eek::flame:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I love "And Everything Changed." Sounds like a groovier and heavier Architects. \m/

Edit: If you plan on getting vocals on this, then I'd recommend h8leech. I think his harsh vox would suite this sound really nicely.

Edit 2: How do you get that twang in your tone?

Slampop

Reaction score
Antenna- i'm gonna finish mixing all of the songs i got...then try and nail vocals for one song a week or every other week until it's done! :hbang:

Cynic- Thanks dude, H8leech is the man, definitely respect his skills, :scream:...but i am actually a vocalist myself, have been for years, and plan on doing all of the vocals for the album. :) ...i take it you haven't heard my vocals on anything? if you check out "Calloused" and the "Disasterpiece/Slaughtered" covers on my soundclick, i actually did all of those vocals. :metal:

as for the "twang"...it's all in how you pluck it dude! :lol:

c3llfi5h

Reaction score
Damn great sound on guitars and bass!!!! How did you get the guitar sound at "And Everything Changed"?

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
man o man , ironic how i was jamming old idoler tracks in the car, and here you are with some updated mixes, shit is so gravey! all you need now is the turkey n stuffing!, curious to know what style your gonna go with on vox bro... your slipknot cover is alot different from your "calloused"(spelling error) track, i personally like the more chaotic pissed off vox style myself and your songs have an aggressive overtone IMHO. n e who, good luck with it and keep us posted

Slampop

Reaction score
Larcher- i personally LOVE my snare...i don't think it sounds wierd at all...the toms i might agree w/ you tho, hahaha. BUT, i am testing out using the NIR-Z snare from 2.0 to use on the album...i sampled it for this band i just recorded and it sounds killer. thanks for the comment dude! :hbang:

c3llfi5h- thats kind of a broad question dude, hahaha. a TON of hours a day sitting in front of my computer for two years tweaking my tone until it sounded like that would be the best answer i guess. :lol: i used the bulb patch w/ the PODx3, tweaked it some, less gain etc. into a presonus fp10, and used a crapload of post eq afterward. :)

H8leech- definitely like Calloused bro!!! Disasterpiece was my failed attempt at being Corey Taylor, haha, more like using my natural voice, but projecting it in the way Corey would. MY style is more so Calloused. but i think that i will be doing a lot of brutal lows in spots to change things up a bit, and definitely a lot of passionate screams, ya know!!! this album is all about loss of loved ones and coping with it throughout a lifetime...
i'm stoked you rock my stuff still dude, :banana: i got a couple of your tracks on my ipod as well...i have played you for my friends out here, they dig your style. i'm not completely sure about guest vox for this, except this chick singer i recorded that might do a singing part at the end of "pieces" while i brutally scream over her, but if i end up doing guest screams...i hope you would be down!!! :metal:

Antenna- :lol: :lol: RIGHT!!! her, or that old chick from the wedding singer that sings hip hop and pays in meatballs!!! :fever:

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
ahhh the lost of love ones, something everyone can relate to, ive noticed with our friends on here and the bands we love, as we all mature, our sound matures and our lyrics actually have serious meaning then just screaming about how much the world is a dark place, through our music we are able to bring light to some of these hopeless hearts. If needed for vox, you know where to find me, also, probly the wrong spot for this but check out the band System Divide -The Conscious Sedation album, they have a chick doing vox, not really my taste but i figure it may help pull some ideas homie

')