Quick question about VHT/Fryette..

• Thread starter Shadowspecced
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
I've played a pittbull UL, and I loved it to pieces.. I'm wondering what the main differences are between the pittbull and the much more affordable deliverance../

Is the deliverance just a feature-less pittbull? Because I'm totally cool with that. I just can't seem to find one to play and I'm wondering the main differences tonally..

Or, what's a good alternative for that dry, mean, chunk that the pittbull delivers so deliciously?

Thanks a ton

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wlfers

Reaction score
They're both running on kt88 power sections, which will give a feel of punchiness and articulation.

They are different preamp sections so I would not say the deliverance is a single channel UL. But the characteristics you listed about the UL: dry/mean hold true for essentially the whole fryette line haha. I owned a UL and the headroom and mean punch was massive.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I absolutely loved my D120, I just needed access to a clean channel and effects. I'd love to get another one in the future. Tons of headroom and clarity, not to mention it's one of the loudest heads I've ever heard haha

warhead78

Reaction score
Dollar for dollar, I recommend the Deliverance all the way. It retains that signature VHT thwack in the mids at a fraction of the $

AzzMan

Reaction score
The only Pittbull I've played was a 50CL, and I played a D120 yesterday... the D120 was worlds better in my opinion, but I think the 50CL runs EL34s, or the one I played did... something like that. I've never experienced KT88s before... that amp was killer. Side by side, to me, there's no comparison. I'd rather have my Orange than the 50CL, but I'd put the D120 at least on the Orange's level- it's simply very different.

s5470Pro

Banned
Reaction score
I've played a pittbull UL, and I loved it to pieces.. I'm wondering what the main differences are between the pittbull and the much more affordable deliverance../

Is the deliverance just a feature-less pittbull? Because I'm totally cool with that. I just can't seem to find one to play and I'm wondering the main differences tonally..

Or, what's a good alternative for that dry, mean, chunk that the pittbull delivers so deliciously?

Thanks a ton

In that sense the Deliverance is more of a featureless Sig-X.

also there is NO alternative to that dry, mean, chunk that the pittbull delivers besides a Deliverance, UL or CLX!!!! Killer amps, one of a kind.

You can find other amps and other sounds, I chose a Pitbull over the Orange Rockerverb which was also amazing, in a more organic way.

I bought a Pitbull 100CL w eq. I love it its a great amp. I chose it over the Deliverance because of the FX loop. Come to find out you dont really need the FX loop, im serious. I used to have a 6505+, needed a little boost, and searched endlessly to get rid of the "fizz". Made it sound much better with some rack gear. Well when I tried every combo imaginable with my rack gear and the Pitbull it did more bad than good.

Also think about 60v120 watts if you havent already.

D60, D412, Tube Screamer or Preffered OD, decent guitar, awesomeness. If you want FX get a couple of pedals, a good neck pup and turn down your volume knob and save yourself a few hund. I saw a D60 go for $700 on GC used online store

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I've never experienced KT88s before... that amp was killer.

Once you've felt the power of the KT88s, it's hard to go back (at least for me). And I say 'feel' because it's definitely more than just sound.

That's why there's alot of love for the Savage out there too....another KT88 amp.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
Once you've felt the power of the KT88s, it's hard to go back (at least for me). And I say 'feel' because it's definitely more than just sound.

That's why there's alot of love for the Savage out there too....another KT88 amp.

yeah my twin jet has kt88's and they're incredibly powerful..

another awesome amp :yesway:

jllozano

Reaction score
I have both the UL and Deliverance 60......If you can handle the super touchy master volumes of the deliverance absolutely do it ...there are days when i feel it is better than the UL, like it has more low mid growl but it might be that on that amp i have pimped all the tubes and on the UL i have the stock pre and power tubes.....also keep in mind these amps absolutely love eminence speakers, if you can get the fatbottom cab that would be your best bet....vader cabs also pair really well with them

Latest posts

')