Quick question for Reaper users about MIDI drum programming.

• Thread starter JEngelking
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
So I'm using ReaSamplomatic to load in samples and trigger them on a MIDI map. Is there a way to make Reaper ignore the note value, like how sampling mode ignores the note pitch, so it just plays the sound sample in full rather than cutting it off? So it sounds, you know... actually natural. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Reaper, but most sample loaders refer to the type of triggering you're looking for as "one shot" triggering, if that helps at all.

Shredenvain

Reaction score
yeah in the resamplomatic window their is a box with 3 options choose the one that says ignore midi note. its right under the wavform display

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I have that selected, but the "Ignore MIDI note" only tells the sampler to ignore the note pitch, but not the note value. :wallbash:

tedtan

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with ReaSamplomatic, but I do know it only loads a single sample per instance. You might want to upgrade to a more fully featured sampler - there are several free ones that are pretty good, including Short Circuit. I know it can be set up to do what you want.

tedtan

Reaction score
I downloaded a bunch of tutorials and a pseudo user manual for it when I was using it a few years back, and I'm pretty sure I still have them backed up on an external hard drive. I'll dig around a bit and if/when I find them I'll upload them and attach them to a post here.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I actually just did download one manual/tutorial in PDF that I'm looking at now, entitled "Shortcircuit drums for REAPER." Don't go to too much trouble dude. :D I'll let you know though.

aturaya

Reaction score
T3rsR3k.png

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Oooooh :eek:

Well that was simple. :lol: The forward shot function in shortcircuit was just what I was looking for, but good to know there's a way to do it without using an outside VSTi!

Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

')