Quick question: "New" Peavey XXX?

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched this video about a 2 months ago and got excited. He mentions that Peavey is gonna re-design the XXX so it looks less cheesy. The trucker girl mudflap thing just kinda makes it look childish IMO so I can't wait to see how it would turn out.

Does anybody have any more info about when/if Peavey is re-designing it and when the new XXX would release?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I think that was just for him. You can check out pics of his amp if you google it. I remember that vid. I don't think they're reintroducing the XXX, but you can however get custom amps from them. They do have a custom shop

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
do like i did with mine, turn the faceplate around and repaint it. if that's your only cosmetic gripe, it's easy to customize on your own.

Reaction score
do like i did with mine, turn the faceplate around and repaint it.

Yeah. I did that. I have a few faceplates for mine. I'm currently in the works of have one "professionally" made. As I said in a previous post. It'll be killer :hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
ed, post pics of your "custom" XXX?

i took the chrome off the jsx for a bit.. didnt look that impressive as it was just black. if it was all grill, that'd be hot.

at some point, i want a blood-red plexiglass chassis for my jsx. that'll be sexy. :flex: at all you ENGL guys with your damn LED's haha

Reaction score
romara091.jpg

romara092.jpg

My first faceplate

proverbs3049.jpg

My current faceplate.

My new one I'm still in the works of creating. Maple quilt in trans black with mirrored chrome mercury symbol...classy. When I get it, I'm lighting this bitch up with pics. Am I the only one who loves to see all the customizations people do with their XXX's? I'm currently adding q-parts knobs. I was going to go with skull knobs, but the catseye and black pearl ones look cool.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
ed, post pics of your "custom" XXX?

i took the chrome off the jsx for a bit.. didnt look that impressive as it was just black. if it was all grill, that'd be hot.

at some point, i want a blood-red plexiglass chassis for my jsx. that'll be sexy. :flex: at all you ENGL guys with your damn LED's haha

unfortunately, i don't have any pics, and the XXX has since been sold. it wasn't anything special... just turned the faceplate around and painted it dark purple.

i didn't like the whole mudflap girls motif :noway:, but, at the same time, it didn't really bother me. i originally bought it because i liked the way it sounded, not because of what it looked like :spock:.

i have some customization in mind for my Brunetti though... pics will be posted when it's completed :agreed:

:lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
the first one looks way more badass IMO.

i am wondering if i take the wood off the jsx after the chrome, is the whole thing grill? i like the thought of it just being grill - more air for the tubes too lol

Reaction score
the first one looks way more badass IMO.

i am wondering if i take the wood off the jsx after the chrome, is the whole thing grill? i like the thought of it just being grill - more air for the tubes too lol

No. First it's the chrome, then the black "semi-grill" that goes behind it, then the wood. At first I liked the JSX chrome..then it just got to be a little too shiny. So it came off..a little better but I wasn't feeling it as much. Then I gave the chrome a painting of my favorite color, satin black :yesway: I love satin black and chrome. I wanted a new emblem too, but I realized I'd have to ditch the current stock plate.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if you take off the chrome, you see the wood outline of the chrome part. there's still grill afaik.. shouldnt there be a grill behind that wood?

Latest posts

')