Quick Tremol-No question

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an original Floyd Rose trem and am going to be ordering one of these. It recommends using the pin type but also shows the clamp type works fine. Is one truly better off to get? Looking at the pin type I would tend to think it would be more fragile... like the pin can bend or snap off. Any personal recommendations?

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I couldn't comment on the comparative benefits of the clamp-type, but as a vote of confidence I'll say that the pin-type I have installed on the Floyd Rose Pro in my Nightswan has caused me no troubles whatsoever. Seems extremely robust indeed and holds its tuning incredibly well.

All I would say (and this would apply to both types of Tremol-No) is that I wouldn't make the same mistake that I did of trying to use those tiny allen key screws instead of the thumbscrews and tightening them too much. I came very close to stripping the threads with both, and unnecessarily so - the thumbscrews hold the tuning perfectly well!

thesimo

Reaction score
get the pin type. Seems like a much more robust connection to me. heres mine
g2mLQ.jpg

a clamp just sounds like it would slip etc. Pin for me

thesimo

Reaction score
no. i use a pin on my 7 string tuned to standard with 10-59s

pin just seems like a better job to me.

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Hey, if i got a tremol-no, would I still have to resetup the floyd when i wanna change tunings? IE would I still have to block trem, tune, adjust floyd, retune?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, if i got a tremol-no, would I still have to resetup the floyd when i wanna change tunings? IE would I still have to block trem, tune, adjust floyd, retune?

If you're just downtuning from your currently setup Floyd with Tremol-No installed and are using the Tremol-No in dive only mode or hardtail mode than no, you wouldn't have to. If in full float then well of course you would need to.

Rev.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't want to create a thread for this so I'll do a quick rant here :rant:

Ordered the Tremol-No from BeyondEleven.com since it was $10 cheaper than AllParts. Three days later still no shipment update so I called and they tell me it's out of stock and should be in mid next week or so. Doublechecked their site and it still shows all versions of the tremol-no as in stock. So I canceled my ordered and called AllParts who verified they have them in stock. So I reordered through them.

Sad that companies do that... take your cash and leave you in the dark when they list shit as in stock. This was my first attempt at business with BeyondEleven and they could've had a long time customer but solely on principle I won't order from them ever again. The least they could've done was told me within the first day or so it was out of stock and I'd have to wait, but no I had to call in to find out. Lamers.

Rev.

')