Quickie truss rod question

• Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Reaction score
What exactly are they for, adjustment wise? I think someone told me they are for adjusting the action but I would just like to know for sure. If they ARE related to the action, which way would I turn them to lower/raise the action?
Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly are they for, adjustment wise? I think someone told me they are for adjusting the action but I would just like to know for sure. If they ARE related to the action, which way would I turn them to lower/raise the action?
Thanks.

Truss rods are to adjust neck relief. NOT action. NEVER adjust the truss rod to raise or lower your action.

Reaction score
Although they shouldn't be used to adjust action. Tightening(clockwise) the truss rod will lower the action and vice versa. If you want super smooth action you'll have to adjust the truss rod anyways, get it as straight as possible. (from my experience)

')