R.I.P Gary Moore

• Thread starter bobrob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ss22

Reaction score
Rest in Peace Gary. I'll be listening to "Still got the Blues" and "Blues for Greeny" when I get home, that's for sure.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Fuck, I hate this. Gary was one hell of a player, so much feeling and passion.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'm pretty upset about this because I actually play alot like him, albeit his improv chops are god like...

R.I.P Buddy.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Brilliant musician, highly influential guitarist and responsible for a lot of tracks I listen to on a daily basis.....I'm absolutely gutted and can only take solace in the thought that he's reuinted with Phil.

R.I.P Gary :(

Reaction score
Damn, that was really sad to hear :ugh:.

I really got into his stuff in the 80s when he was still doing more rock/metal. Seems that 2011 doesn't start much better than 2010. Too many good musicians dying lately =/.

Rest in peace Gary.

Seventary

Norwegian metalhead
Reaction score
Sad as hell and totally out of the blue. The roumors are that he choked on his own vomit after consuming vast amounts of alcohol.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Sad as hell and totally out of the blue. The roumors are that he choked on his own vomit after consuming vast amounts of alcohol.

Do you have a credible source for that information?

Seventary

Norwegian metalhead
Reaction score
He said "credible", The Sun is far from credible.
Besides, nowhere does it even in that article say vast amounts of alcohol. A bottle of champagne and then some brandy?

I said "rumours". The truth might be something completly different. I know the tabloids are usually full of s**t. :)

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I said "rumours". The truth might be something completly different. I know the tabloids are usually full of s**t. :)

I understand, but he did ask for a credible source and you linked to the sun :)

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
sucks big time... watched the BBC4 Lizzy documentary only a couple of weeks ago funnily enough, Gary wasn't interviewed but was obviously a lot of talk about him from Scott Gorham and others. Very sad. RIP

Latest posts

')