R.I.P Gary Moore

• Thread starter bobrob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. RIP Gary.
He was one of my biggest influences when I first picked up the guitar back in the '80s.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
terrible loss. the first time I ever heard Gary Moore was this song (completely different from the usual Gary Moore material everyone knows).

totally f'n ripping fusion, from his 1978 album, "Back on the streets"
:shred::shred::shred::shred::shred:
RIP :(

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I jammed with Gary Moore in a guitar shop last January.

Was literally amazing.

RIP

Stealth7

Reaction score
The postmortem has revealed that Gary passed due to a suspected heart attack.

Thin Lizzy star Gary Moore died of natural causes - mirror.co.uk

I don't know if the mirror is a credible news source.

People should refrain from posting "rumours" until the official autopsy and statement stating what the real cause of death is is released... Despite what the cause of death is, It's still sad news that he has passed.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
I was bummed when I heard about this yesterday. :( While I haven't been a big fan of Gary's music in recent years (I prefer his rock stuff), I've always had a lot of respect for his chops. He was a bit of an influnce for me back in the 80s. I've always liked his wonderful celtic rock song from the late 80s, "Over The Hills and Far Away." It's my favorite Gary Moore song.

R.I.P. Gary

flo

Reaction score
The only positive thing about his death is that they where playing his awesome music on the radio for the next couple of days. I've been a good neighbour and cranked it up. but still :(

Latest posts

')