Ra Guitarist Ben Carroll Set to Release New Solo Album

• Thread starter ben
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaman

Reaction score
I tracked the whole record on 2 ESP guitars, my Steph Carpenter 7 string and H-301 6 string.
The whole record was recorded through a small crate 1x12...haha. I got to idea for using a small am for the record from Andy Johns, he mixed Ra's "Raw" (and a lot of records that are way more well known than that one.) Andy did Satriani's "Extremist" album and I heard that Joe used small amps for a lot of that record...so I started experimenting. thought it sounded cool...plus my studio isn't exactly big, so the small amp scenario was a much better idea than my mesa stack. I mic'd with just a 57 and ran the signal through a Grace Design Model 101 power amp and boosted the fuck out of the signal to make it super toasty into a MOTU.
For outboard guitar FX I used a BOSS GT-6 and a GT-8 (I switched to the GT-8 after my GT-6 died from years of touring.)
I recorded everything in Nuendo.

Damn! Well, as they say, tone is in the fingers :agreed:

The artwork looks amazing as well. Will it be released outside the US?

')