Rack equipment ahoy!

zackkynapalm

Reaction score
I have acquired some new gear and I have some questions on hooking it all up. here is all the gear I have now, including amp/cab

Mesa dual rectifier head
4x12 Crate cab (getting an orange in the near future)
TC electronics G major rack
Furman Power conditioner
programmable midi footswitch
Line 6 X2 wireless rack unit
Korg rack tuner

then two pedals on a rack shelf
Maxon od808 pedal
Isp decimator pedal

I have two main questions:

1. how would I make it so the korg rack tuner will turn on and silence my amp when I click my mesa footswitch's FX loop and not have to leave that on to use any effects through the G major (if that's possible) or anything else, since it affects my amp's tone a lot.

2. How would I make the midi footswitch always useable, without having the FX loop on? (if that is even possible)

3. How would I plug everything to do the two things above?

This may be an extremely dumb question, but I am just seeing how to set up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drenzium

Reaction score
1. it would be optimal to have the g major running through the effects loop for things like delays and such, so using the effects loop purely for muting your amp would work but not be effective. you cant really mix and match things in the loop unless its a modern amp with multiple effects loops.

check if theres maybe a way to connect to the tuner via midi?

2. if the midi board is plugged into a device thats put into the effects loop, but the effects loop is not on, its working but you wont hear anything. you would have to run it through the front of the amp. i dont know if that answers your question or not, it is pretty vague.

zackkynapalm

Reaction score
yeah, I had a hard time forming that question. It didn't come out good hahah.

you answered my questions for the most part.
I didn't think about setting up the tuner through the midi! that's a glorious idea.

Thanks!

')