Rack gear...On a Pedalboard?

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
So, I had this idea.

So, I'm mentally conceiving a new rig in the works right now.

I want a 1x12 combo of some sort, a TC Electronics G Major, and a Behringer FCB1101 for switching, as well as the pedals I currently use right now (TS9DX, Vox Wah, BBE Boosta Grande).

But, I don't want to have to carry an extra rack for just one thing. I like being able to carry everything on my own in one trip.

So, I had this idea. Why not make a small one-space rack, stick it on a board, and use the top of the "rack" and put some more pedals on? Like those elevated boards you see. If I was good with paint and all that, I'd try to draw something up. I may later if I get bored enough. But I'm sure you can all imagine it in your head.

Anyways, I'm just curious if anybody's done this. I'm looking at a Rondo Pedal case right now with a height of 5", seeing as how standard rack gear is 1.75" tall, bet I could fit some stuff on top.

Cheers for any advice/words of wisdom!! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. Also pedalboards.com I believe it is, has something similar to that.

But I don't like the "folding rack" idea. I wouldn't want my G-Major just sort of chilling on top of my pedals during transit. sounds like a bad idea to me.

drenzium

Reaction score
Just buy a pedalboard, lay the g major down, and then put your pedals on it or around it.
Im not certain what the integrity of the chassis of the G Major is like, but if it cant handle it maybe put a sheet of plywood or something over the top of it to distribute the load on top of it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get a 2u short rack and build a pedal board on top of it.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I saw someone once who had a TRex tonetrunk type board, he cut a rectangle out of the effective 'front' (i.e. not the top that the pedals go on, tbut the bit that has the TRex logo on it) and had a 1U space in it for a power conditioner for his Pedal power supply and head.

Worked pretty well, I personally would have just secured it to the underside of the board without drilling and stuff. Couple of XL cable ties and some velcro should do it. The TRex Board have a good couple of inches clearance under them.

')