Rack mount tuners??

• Thread starter thepylestory
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thepylestory

tunamelt
Reaction score
whos makin them anymore? i dont think korg is. i was gona go with a peterson but 359 is alot of green for a tuner. help me out

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Boss has a large floor tuner called the TU-1000. It isn't very expensive, under $150.

The Digitech Hardwire HT2 tuner pedal has very bright lights for a pedal, might also be worth checking out.

I haven't seen any rack tuners in a while (that aren't junk).

thepylestory

tunamelt
Reaction score
yeah ive been lookin at the dtr 2000's but i guess i was just lookin for new

myampslouder

Reaction score
I use an old sabine RT-1601. it tracks a little slow but it's accurate and seems to pick up the lower string better than the DTR 1000 I used to have. As for who is currently making them the only companies that come to mind are Peterson and Behringer.

Reaction score
I think it would be worth it if you could find a Korg DTR-2000 used somewhere. I didn't know they weren't making them anymore, but it's definitely a solid tuner with lots of routing options.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I definitely second the Korg DTR mention. They were just about the industry standard before Korg pulled the plug to focus on pedal based tuners.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
The DTR-1000 is a great tuner and simple. I like that it also has an extra input so your bassist or someone can plug in and tune without messing up your rack.

Sidenote - I have a KORG DTR-1000 available in the market, only reason I would get rid of it is because my AxeFX has an onboard tuner. PM if you're interested.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Didn't the whole rack tuner market get shut down because of something to do with weapons manufacturing? I could swear I read that on here, but I have been playing a lot of video games lately...

Either way, my rack has a slide-out shelf for pedals, so I just keep my boss TU-2 on there, along with my X2 wireless and other non-rack mount stuff. It probably saved me about 4 or 5 spaces in the end actually

')