Rack or valve amps

• Thread starter Romain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Romain

Reaction score
Hello all !

I know, I have my Ibanez RG1527 with SD Blackouts and I didn't show any pics or review. SHAME ON ME :realmad:

But I need your advices ! I need to get an amplifier to play at home, but also with a band.

My first idea was a Bugera 333XL Head + 2x212 ( Bugera or Harley Benton ), but I'm very interested in rack ( AxeFx drives me crazy, but I can't afford it ) and I have selected Rocktron Voodu Valve and Engl 350. The cabinet is the same as the bugera and the poweramp will be a Rocktron Velocity.

So my questions is, what would be the best for me ?
- Bugera 333XL Head
- Rocktron Voodu Valve
- Engl E350

And what is the best between the engl and the rocktron ? I love the effects capabilities, but I need a very good distortion ( to play Metal ).

Thanks for any help ! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredfreak

Reaction score
Try looking second hand for some of that stuff.

Also, rocktron vooduvalve is way overpriced. The chameleon (original) is a lot better & cheaper second hand.

The rocktron has some basic effects with it & the engl is preamp only.

Romain

Reaction score
@shredfreak, I live in Europe and Rocktron Voodu Valve is about 250€ in used condition. So a very good deal.

shredfreak

Reaction score
Check your pm :lol:.

If your location permits it you should be able to pick up my rig wich im selling.

For poweramps you might want to look at peavey classic series. absolutely killer in their pricerange. No idea how they compare to the velocity though.

Reaction score
Check your pm :lol:.

If your location permits it you should be able to pick up my rig wich im selling.

For poweramps you might want to look at peavey classic series. absolutely killer in their pricerange. No idea how they compare to the velocity though.

The big difference between the peavey classic 50/50 etc and the rocktron poweramp is that the velocity is solid state. My friend has a velocity, its decent for the price but to be honest if you can get one, grab a peavey, fantastic power amps

Romain

Reaction score
I see Peavey has huge more features than the velocity, that are they ?

Latest posts

')