Rack processors????

• Thread starter rob_707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Hey SS, im on a knifes edge on what to do about sound. I am curently using a traynor custom 100 special the first vershion. and its O.K, but meh. Im lookin towards goin the processor rack mount way, and plugin into a power amp. but i am not sure what to get. so far iv widdled er down to 3 main choices.
Ax-FX
line6 pro x3
or that new eleven thing.
Wat im worried about is, im not looking for this machine that will give me 3 millin friggin choices of fx, i am a metal guitar player I USE DISTORTION lol. but i need something i can edit everything. i am in creation process for a whole new genre of sound kinda like this djent thing goin on. i dont know what to choose and i really dont want to spend the money on a ax fx. let me know what you guys think would be a wise choice, OR suggest a diff brand???? thanks for the help, and dont raz on me about spelling. i build shit, not type on a computer all day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bevo

Reaction score
Rob, where are you located in Ontario?
Your welcome to bring your guitar over and try my GSP rig, its a great way to get an idea if the digital stuff is for you.

Another good option is to rent a Line6 and use your amp as a power amp to get your own ideas.
If your not a computer guy then digital may not be your best bet.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
If you want the absolute most editing options: Axe-Fx

If you're not quite sure about the modeling world: POD HD

I, personally, hadn't dabbled in the modeling world too much, but I went after an Axe-Fx anyways, and honestly couldn't be any happier.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Be aware there's a POD HD Pro in the works before you go looking into the X3.

Aside from that, spend as much as you care about. I'd love an Axe FX, but for what I'd use it for (not a great deal) it's not worth the money. They're all very good systems and all work a similar way, but if you're just gunna do the odd recording and play at home why spend a ton of money? Conversely, if this is gonna be your live rig, and probably the last rig you buy, why cheap out? The Axe FX is clearly the better system here, there's no doubt.

EDIT: 1000 Posts!

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Rob, where are you located in Ontario?
Your welcome to bring your guitar over and try my GSP rig, its a great way to get an idea if the digital stuff is for you.

Another good option is to rent a Line6 and use your amp as a power amp to get your own ideas.
If your not a computer guy then digital may not be your best bet.
hey im located in the newmarket area, im not sure if your near there or not.

i do like the ax-fx but man its a 4month waiting period, and its $2g's thats a lot of money for something im not sure about. you all like it a lot, but i cant go rent one cause no one carries the things lol.

as for that new line 6 rack when is the date for release??

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
hey im located in the newmarket area, im not sure if your near there or not.

i do like the ax-fx but man its a 4month waiting period, and its $2g's thats a lot of money for something im not sure about. you all like it a lot, but i cant go rent one cause no one carries the things lol.

as for that new line 6 rack when is the date for release??

Search the used market, man. A strange thing about the Axe-Fx's is they hold their value amazingly well. I've seen more than a handful of them go used for the same price or even MORE than they are new, simply because you can get it right away.

And of course, if you end up not liking it, you can easily recover the vast majority, if not all of your expenses when you sell it.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Search the used market, man. A strange thing about the Axe-Fx's is they hold their value amazingly well. I've seen more than a handful of them go used for the same price or even MORE than they are new, simply because you can get it right away.

And of course, if you end up not liking it, you can easily recover the vast majority, if not all of your expenses when you sell it.
hmm you may be on to something, ill deff look it up.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I read this thread title as "rock paper scissors" :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
If you want a kind of djent-like sound and don't want to shell out for an Axe-FX, I think a POD would be a good choice.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
if your spending axefx money but don't want the axefx
how about a tube preamp plus dedicated effets procesor

my choice would be mesa triaxis plus tc electronics g major

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
if your spending axefx money but don't want the axefx
how about a tube preamp plus dedicated effets procesor

my choice would be mesa triaxis plus tc electronics g major

no effence but i am not a fan of mesa sound, kinda thin sounding. but does the g major able to edit all its effects?

Latest posts

')