Rad little project :)

• Thread starter jarrydn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Yesterday, my buddy Ryan dropped around and we were doing some pre-production work for his EP that I might eventually be recording, which would be cool, because it would be my first time flying solo on a recording that isn't mine. I've done some work on records before, but with another dude (who is a guru with an asian work ethic).

So yeah...it's kinda metal-corey, but I'm sure some of you will dig it :D

Guitars, Bass = PODxt
Drums = Ez Drummer with the lucious new DFH addon :D
Scream = Just for fun :p

Kicks and guitar tone could use alot more work, but I'm very happy with the snare :p

Teh Beast Unbornz loloool

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
hey man sounds good, snare especially great jorb!
the kicks are a bit too much tho and so is the low end, its basically eating the whole mix, and couldnt hurt to inject some mids into the guitars either cuz its kinda hard to make out what they are playing, but dont worry thats me attempting to be constructive, sounds badass already!

Ryan

Reaction score
sounds killer! how about sharing some dfhezx drum tweakz with old uncle ryan??

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
bulb said:
hey man sounds good, snare especially great jorb!
the kicks are a bit too much tho and so is the low end, its basically eating the whole mix, and couldnt hurt to inject some mids into the guitars either cuz its kinda hard to make out what they are playing, but dont worry thats me attempting to be constructive, sounds badass already!

Hahaha, cheers bro! :D

I ran it through the home stereo system with two subs and nearly killed it. Back to the drawing board. Pretty sure my current setup is attenuating the lows and highs, which would expain the distinct lack of djent.

I think the next purchase on my list is a set of new monitors :)

And Ryan...generous use of the compressor :p. That's one trick I've learnt from years of listening to Bulbs tunes that has served me well! :D

irg7620

zombie
Reaction score
goddamn, i love that shit!! i can't tell you if you need to add more bass, mids or treble. i have sucky ass speakers for my computer. sounds kinda hollow on my end. don't know why. i hope that isn't the result of using a podxt. keep up the good work..

ok, it was my damn equalizer settings. they must have gotten messed around with by the OL. sounds damn good!!!

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Uh. God? Is that you?

Holy fuck, that was kinda scary. I even pee'd a little. :lol:

')