Rammstein - Deutschland (New song, new untitled album in May)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks like Richard may be moving away from EMG’s after FOREVER. Recent tour show pics show red fishmans in his burnt sig.

Got any pics? All I've seen are tour videos (which are fantastic btw). Happy as fuck to see them bring back a couple of their best old-school songs like Heirate Mich and Sehnsucht.

Also FWIW, he talked about trying FIshmans for a couple of years ago. He sounded hit-or-miss about it, but I guess Fishman coerced him with a signature set. :lol:

NGL, the second they release a signature set, I'm buying them. :rofl: Rich's a fucking crazy gear nerd, and I worship his sound.

And yeah, the albums definitely a grower. I was indifferent at first, but I rate it higher than LIFAD now.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Got any pics? All I've seen are tour videos (which are fantastic btw). Happy as fuck to see them bring back a couple of their best old-school songs like Heirate Mich and Sehnsucht.

Also FWIW, he talked about trying FIshmans for a couple of years ago. He sounded hit-or-miss about it, but I guess Fishman coerced him with a signature set. :lol:

NGL, the second they release a signature set, I'm buying them. :rofl: Rich's a fucking crazy gear nerd, and I worship his sound.

And yeah, the albums definitely a grower. I was indifferent at first, but I rate it higher than LIFAD now.

Yea, here’s one.

I’ve always loved his tone, too. Recto’s are glorious recorded.

Attachments

• 9E08665A-E2B3-4B31-8102-A6616C502D78.jpeg
    9E08665A-E2B3-4B31-8102-A6616C502D78.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 200

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yea, here’s one.

I’ve always loved his tone, too. Recto’s are glorious recorded.

Yup, that's a fishman. :lol:

Also yeah, I think he uses a super, super, super early Recto revision for his recordings, so I'm not surprised that's how he gets those super-tight, growly Recto tones. EDIT: And a Mark IIC+ for his lower-gain tones.

Another thing that irked me were the tones the producer chose for this album. Sonically it sounds like a million bucks but the drum sound, the guitar tones, the bass, the way the vocal sits all feels wrong to me.

SPeaking of tones, I noticed they started going for different tones starting with LIFAD. Like instead of going the Mutter - Rosenrot approach of scooped-as-fuck, massive, low-end-heavy, eight-tracked rhythm guitars, it's like they went for simple-track, treble heavy sounds reminiscent of early Rammstein. I'm guessing it's intentional due to Paul going back to using Tech 21 Sansamp gear going direct, cuz if you listen to Emigrate, he still has that huge, massive-as-fuck sound.

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I thought this was cool; Richard finally broke out the white RZK. This was done in a limited run (along with a black one) back around the time LIFAD released but IIRC he never used them. Looks like he only uses this for Deutschland though (and sometimes Mein Teil).

61226510_164400904595623_2892991461012494382_n.jpg

fps

Kit
Reaction score
This may be their career-best record. Staggering achievement. Current best track Puppe.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Well, the US Tour dates have dropped

• Rammstein 2020 North American Tour Dates

• Aug. 20 - Montreal, Quebec @ Parc Jean-Drapeau
  • Aug. 23 — Philadelphia, Penn. @ Lincoln Financial Field
  • Aug. 27 - Washington D.C. @ FedExField
  • Aug. 30 - Minneapolis, Minn. @ U.S. Bank Stadium
  • Sept. 03 - Chicago, Ill. @ Soldier Field
  • Sept. 6 - Foxborough, Mass. @ Gillette Stadium
  • Sept. 10 - East Rutherford, N.J. @ Metlife Stadium
  • Sept. 16 - San Antonio, Texas @ Alamodome
  • Sept. 19 - Los Angeles, Calif. @ Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
  • Sept. 27 - Mexico City, Mexico @ Foro Sol

Anyone going? I haven't seem them live so I threw in too much money for the FeuerZone for the DC show. I'm pretty stoked.

DeathbyDesign

*Palm Muting Intensifies*
Reaction score
I got tickets for the LA show. Haven't seen them before and figured that this is a good time to finally see them.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Gonna get tickets for the Chicago show I think. Hopefully not too pricey and hopefully I can see the stage decent from 1/8 mile away.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
You guys are in for a treat if they're anything like they were before. Not a single song went by without something theatrical happening... I will never forget the fake penis hose thing spraying into the audience. My poor little virgin eyes.

I've seen them 2 or 3 times and it was never a disappointment.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm super hyped. I've wanted to see Rammstein live for like 10+ years. gonna try to make the Chicago show.

jwoods986

Reaction score
I haven't seen them yet, gonna check for the DC show. Stadiums? wow!

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
There is also the non-censored version floating around the web... And yes, batshit is correct.

I currently like this new Lindemann more than the new rammstein. Till is nuts... And I like it.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Wasn't he a basket weaver or some shit and wound up getting in Rammstein because they heard him singing while making baskets?

Latest posts

')