RAN Guitars Post yours!

• Thread starter swollenpickle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alientodegato

Haciendo Cathequesis
Reaction score
Excuse my crappy English... These are my two Crusher, 7 string swamp ash with poplar top and ovangkol neck with macassar ebony (bought from a superb user on this forum, KykuPL, thank you!!!) and a 8 string with satin black maple with mahogany neck.

2012-12-06161242-1_zps47628c2f.jpg

2012-12-06161537_zpsac5aeb8a.jpg

P1030100_zps66139019.jpg

P1030104_zps37ae92d5.jpg

These guitars are by far my favorite of the little that I could try, I'm very nervous waiting two more:

CrusherRedBlood_zps1409b0f9.jpg

OjeteCrusher-2_zps78520b77.jpg

Dealing with Dariusz is a delight and his guitars are brutal! I'm very happy with the Crusher model and with the communication and his excellent work.

tumblr_manb80w4Sr1rz12m1o1_r1_400_zps98b8e1ac.gif

Here some pictures with the two crushers of my bandmate:

P1030102_zps8caf6e50.jpg

P1030106_zpsc98f651a.jpg

P1030177_zpsd9701e56.jpg

P1030153_zpsd414f82d.jpg

Now I should learn to play guitar... :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Here's my old one. I was the original owner but it's changed hands 3 or 4 times I think.

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

patdavidseven

Reaction score
wow these are some stunning guitars, hadn't heard of the brand before,
awesome looking sevens

alientodegato

Haciendo Cathequesis
Reaction score
Hey man the Fret Board on that 8 string on the left looks pretty tasty what was it again?

Is bubinga.

It's very "waterfall" but I have no knowledge in woods. I do not know if it's "normal" or if this is a case of highly figured wood... In any case I think it's a beautiful wood :wub:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
There are way more Rans around here than are showing up in this thread. GET IN HERE, RAN OWNERS! I want to see some non-crushers.

AfterTheBurial8

Sir. Casm
Reaction score
Mahogany body + body, macassar ebony board, Duncan Fullshred set, and push pull pots for splitting both humbuckers.

you're a scholar and a gent! I was thinking about BKPs but would you recommend the Duncs? And would you recommend the Macassar ebony over the standard ebony? It looks fecking brill with the colour of the body!

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
you're a scholar and a gent! I was thinking about BKPs but would you recommend the Duncs? And would you recommend the Macassar ebony over the standard ebony? It looks fecking brill with the colour of the body!

I really like the Duncans, I would describe them as a hotter and tighter version of the Jazz pickups (it's also in the ballpark of a Screamin' Demon, except that they sound better IMO). As for them vs BKP, well, there is a Duncan quality to them that I like, but nothing objectively "better" about them. A general description would probably be that they have that woody character common in AlNiCo 5 magnets, but they are very focused, and very tight. There is not much saturation going on from the start, and if you like that, you'd probably have to fix that through your amp. They are slightly less hot than a JB, which is a good level in my opinion, and since all poles are adjustable, it might give you some extra flexibility.

I can guarantee that the only difference between macassar and regular is the colour. I felt that it fitted the overal guitar more with a bit more motion in the fretboard, so I picked it. If you like the looks, then I can assure you that you will like macassar.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Anyone able to give me a ballpark price for a Crusher 8 string? How much we talking roughly?

AfterTheBurial8

Sir. Casm
Reaction score
I really like the Duncans, I would describe them as a hotter and tighter version of the Jazz pickups (it's also in the ballpark of a Screamin' Demon, except that they sound better IMO). As for them vs BKP, well, there is a Duncan quality to them that I like, but nothing objectively "better" about them. A general description would probably be that they have that woody character common in AlNiCo 5 magnets, but they are very focused, and very tight. There is not much saturation going on from the start, and if you like that, you'd probably have to fix that through your amp. They are slightly less hot than a JB, which is a good level in my opinion, and since all poles are adjustable, it might give you some extra flexibility.

I can guarantee that the only difference between macassar and regular is the colour. I felt that it fitted the overal guitar more with a bit more motion in the fretboard, so I picked it. If you like the looks, then I can assure you that you will like macassar.

Ah thanks, yeah I've been a fan of BKPs for sometime, got some Aftermaths in my main 7 and they sound brilliant. Just wondered what those Duncs were like because I'm not too keen on the Blackouts.

That's cool, standard ebony on a black body looks tight, and the macassar looks great with the light & natural mahogany look! Decisions, decisions. Think I will be putting in an order in the not too different future.

There's just no way to play one before you buy which is unfortunate, is there anything 'mainstream' you can compare it too? I've been playing an ESP Horizon for god knows how many years and my 7 is a custom with a neck built to similar measurements as an RC7.

Cheers.

')