RAN Guitars Post yours!

• Thread starter swollenpickle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sudzmorphus

Reaction score
So whats the quality like on RAN thesedays? I owned 2 about 3-4 years ago, One was made from what seemed like dead wood, had no resonance to it whatsoever, the other one was alright eventually but had lots of faults when I got it.

swollenpickle

Reaction score
So whats the quality like on RAN thesedays? I owned 2 about 3-4 years ago, One was made from what seemed like dead wood, had no resonance to it whatsoever, the other one was alright eventually but had lots of faults when I got it.

Well having owned my crusher 7 for almost a year I would say I really enjoy it as a brutal metal guitar.Having said that I really do enjoy the pickups (BKP Aaftermath set) and they might have way more to do with the overall tone of the guitar ,more than the wood its self having to do with resonance! The Hipshot and Locking tuners and BKPs keep notes purring more so than just hanging or long lasting!

Hope that helps!

The quality in a guitar is unmatched to me thus far, even though there are plenty of badass luthiers these days that have beautiful pieces of art that play like a dream!

I've owned Esp Eclipses,EBMM JPXI7,Parker Fly Deluxe,Agile septor 7,LTD EC1000s and the quality has much more to do with hand crafted play ability more than a Production line IMHO! :wavey:

Reaction score

I have owned the RAN Bioskull a year ago, and I must say it was spec'd after a Jackson Soloist, and it was spot on. The guitar itself also sounded great and the only flaw it had was that the body wings weren't really fluently glued to the neck, if you know what I mean.

swollenpickle

Reaction score
I have owned the RAN Bioskull a year ago, and I must say it was spec'd after a Jackson Soloist, and it was spot on. The guitar itself also sounded great and the only flaw it had was that the body wings weren't really fluently glued to the neck, if you know what I mean.

Fluently? How so? lol do you have any pictures?

Reaction score
Fluently? How so? lol do you have any pictures?

These curves weren't fluently.

524529_4038065489930_1540060168_n.jpg

Reaction score
Interesting~! Bummer,thanks for point that out! :agreed:

But really, that was the only thing. The guitar itself wasn't that fancy, so there weren't a lot of detail for them to fuck up, but the finish was flawless, the gloss neck didn't stick, and everything was perfectly aligned. So I would definitely say they are doing a good job.

AmbienT

User has been banned
Reaction score
Here's my old one. I was the original owner but it's changed hands 3 or 4 times I think.

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

That's actually sitting in my bedroom in Australia right now!

Although USPS thought it would be a fun idea to manhandle it to the point where the headstock was thrown almost through the flight case and then fucked me around with my claim of a new case and having a tech check over it and need to reset the neck and stuff as it must have undergone a fair amount of stress :mad: The $300 "customs fee" surprise wasn't fun either.

At least i can attest for it's durability as there isn't even so much as a mark on the headstock whilst the flight case is split, luckily the strap pin prevented the guitar from moving even further forward or I might have had some expensive firewood :lol:

I'm just glad it's here safe, best 8 string I've played to date.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Excuse my crappy English... These are my two Crusher, 7 string swamp ash with poplar top and ovangkol neck with macassar ebony (bought from a superb user on this forum, KykuPL, thank you!!!) and a 8 string with satin black maple with mahogany neck.

2012-12-06161242-1_zps47628c2f.jpg

Amazing guitars. I'd have thought the metal scene on Menorca is pretty small, being as it's a pretty tiny island. Beautiful place though, I'd love to go back there some day.

alientodegato

Haciendo Cathequesis
Reaction score
Amazing guitars. I'd have thought the metal scene on Menorca is pretty small, being as it's a pretty tiny island. Beautiful place though, I'd love to go back there some day.

Sadly in Menorca ... there is almost NO metal scene but we're working on solving this :shred:hahaha

I'm glad you like Menorca :cheers:, is a very nice island, especially in summer.

Franq

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My Ran Crusher 6

25'5,
alder body,
5 p maple/walnut neck,
ebony fingerboard,
BareKnuckle Aftermath pickups,
Hipshot fixed bridge
drop A#, 12-60

Video:

img8074u.jpg

img8078ih.jpg

img8041p.jpg

img8033b.jpg

img8060r.jpg

:cool:

esvarianzza

Reaction score
I was looking at the RG8 with some upgrades to be my first ERG, but after recalling the existence of RAN Guitars, and noticing they have upgraded their 'production' line with a flattop Crusher, I was sold (or I will be as I am still asking everything askable to Dariusz :rolleyes:).

This 'semicustom' format has such a huge added value over mass produced instruments, particularly receiving an instrument where you won't have to change anything, not even the nut as they know the string gauges you will be working with; and then the price is certainly in the same ballpark as the mass produced ones.

PD: Darn, is this really my first post here? Hello then!

')