RAN or Prestige Ibanez

• Thread starter PureImagination
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PureImagination

Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time deciding if I want to buy a RAN Crusher FT or a Ibanez RGD2127FX (in violet chameleon when it comes out) as the title says. I would get the RAN with a mahogany body, BKP's, walnut top, and a flamed maple fingerboard/neck. The reason I can't decide is because of RAN's wait time and my band will be recording our EP this year.

But basically what I'm asking is which is built better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
They would be pretty different guitars based on how you said you'd spec the RAN, so really just go with whichever you feel would have more features that you need/want.

I can't comment on which is "built better" but people that own RAN's have nothing but good things to say about them, and people that own the 2127FX are the same way :shrug:

Reaction score
If you want a custom, then get a custom.

If you want a production, off-the-shelf guitar, then get a production guitar.

It all just depends on how long you want to wait and how well you can control your GAS.

PureImagination

Reaction score
If you want a custom, then get a custom.

If you want a production, off-the-shelf guitar, then get a production guitar.

It all just depends on how long you want to wait and how well you can control your GAS.

Honestly I don't really care if it's custom or not, I mean customs are cool and all but I like the specs on each of them. Plus the RGD is just bad ass. If it was any other production guitar I would choose the RAN. I would get both if I could, but I should probably start saving for a car before I turn 16 too. First world problems:noplease:

Workhorse

Reaction score
A prestige is really good but Ran is just a class above. If you're willing to pay and wait, then sure - Ran definitely has a higher resale value. Seems like you like very different instruments, although both are quite good - a Ran crusher with BKP's and a mahogany would be a guitar machine though.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Wow! Unless I'm missing something, the RAN is cheaper than the Ibanez. :scratch: That seems wrong. :scratch::scratch:

chinnybob

Reaction score
Wow! Unless I'm missing something, the RAN is cheaper than the Ibanez. :scratch: That seems wrong. :scratch::scratch:

The RAN base price is really low, but once you start adding options (although it sounds like the OP isn't after many) and shipping/customs it's going to get a bit more pricey.

Recommend RAN but agree that they are very different guitars. Wait time on the RAN could be a while too, they're doing a batch of flat top crushers now alongside outstanding custom orders so they might not even start your build for a few months if you order one.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing Ran guitars for some time and I'm having a hard time choosing between Ran and Blackat for my own future custom...
Ran does look really nice and I've read many positive reviews about them.
If it was me I'd go for the Ran because the initial specs a Ran comes with is pretty darn good for the price you're paying. + if I were to do gigs (following your EP) I'd rather be seen on stage with a Ran than an Ibby because I think they look better... I'm a sucker for looks :lol:
(-hypocrite-has-black-RGA7)

Ran gets my vote! Although I reckon the Ibby is one hell of a guitar as well :agreed:

Viginez

Reaction score
you can always send the prestige back, but not the ran

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Judging on the current Crusher FT waiting time my guess is you'd be looking at a wait until March/April+ next year.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Ibanez hands down. You can't beat their track record.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I was in the same situation. I wanted a baritone 7, but didn't want to wait for a custom order.

I was looking into Skevessen, Ran, and Ibanez. I couldn't afford the Skervy so then it was between the Ran and the Ibanez. Basically it came down to the wait time, so I went with the Ibby. I don't regret that decision at all.

The Ibanez RGD2127FX is hands down the best guitar I've played yet. No, I haven't played a Ran or Skervessen, but now that I have a baritone 7 to fulfill my needs, I can save up for one of the two and not have to worry about the wait time.

PureImagination

Reaction score
After thinking about it all day during work, I decided I want to go with the RAN. Then I realized that if I was waiting that long, I might as well go all out so I think I'm just gonna get a Mayones Regius 7.

Laytowaste

Reaction score
I would say roll with the Ran... Full blown customizable options... Ibanez is truly wonderful though!!! But if you want something all you!!! Go Ran!!! I'm rolling a custom from them end of the year, but it will be a 6 string!!!!

')