Ran question (if this is a question or a statement...)

bythepainiseetheothers

Reaction score
Hello dear fellas.

I've been looking for custom shop guitars just for fun (and to feed my GAS a bit). Of course, I've come along with the "classic" in this forum (Mayo, Skerv, KxK, ViK...) but one brand has really gotten my attention: Ran.

So, I proceeded to look at all those beautiful NGDs with Ran's Crushers and I'm really impressed by the quality, the woods and how the general appearence is.
So, I decided to email Dariusz and see how much he would charge me to get a semi-custom Crusher 7 string.
So, these are the specs:
No. of strings: 7-string
R or L handed: right handed
Scale length: 27”
Construction method: Ran AANJ w/NTB style heel
Body shape: Crusher
Body material: swamp ash
Top wood options: flat - Wenge
Body binding: none
Binding material: N/A
Body finish: other - Tung Oil
Custom finish: none
Headstock shape: Crusher
Headstock: regular
Headstock finish: match body finish
Headstock binding: none
Truss rod cover: plastic (b/w/b)
Logo: white mother of pearl
Neck material: 3P mahogany
Neck shape: RAN-shape
Nut width: 1 7/8” (48mm), 7-string
Thickness at 1st/12th: 19-21mm (recommended for 6,7-string)
Neck finish: match body finish
Fingerboard material: ebony
Fingerboard binding: none
Number of frets: 24
Fret size: Dunlop 6100
Fingerboard radius: 17”
Fingerboard inlays (white mother of pearl): none
Custom inlay(s): none
Fingerboard side inlays: Luminlay dots
Nut: graphite
Hardware color: black
Bridge system: Hipshot Fixed 7-string
Tuning machines: Schaller M6 locking
Straplocks: Schaller
Neck Pickup: BareKnuckle - Aftermath
Middle Pickup: none
Bridge Pickup: BareKnuckle - Aftermath
Pickup rings: none
Control knobs: 1 x volume
Pickup selector: 3-way toggle
Flight case: yes

How come this guitar, considering it's a semi-custom, will cost 1270 euros (flight case +160 euros, shipping +50 euros)? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is this a dream? Is this just a hoax? They are "that" good?

I'm impressed. You can get a semi-custom guitar for the price of a high end Schecter (like the Jeff Loomis sig, or maybe a bit more expensive).

No doubt I will be saving for one as soon as my guitar skills are enough to get one, and as soon as I have a job.

What do you guys think? They are worth giving a shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Its a dream for me. I would LOVE to own a RAN. Even the base model FT crushers will cost me $1700 or more in Canadian to get to my door. Go for it!!

EDIT: I just checked, the base price works out to $1750 Canadian. Plus a case and shipping, its probably around $2200?? Sad face :(.

bythepainiseetheothers

Reaction score
Yeah, a friend told me that Ran works more or less as Carvin in the USA: Good prices for EU guys, but kinda expensive for overseas pals. It's a pity.
First I need my cheap 7 to come by, then get along with the 7 and see how it goes. But dude, those Rans look ....ing great.

Even though I'm not a fan of pointy/metal-looking guitars, the Thor model looks rad.

Orandje

Reaction score
The base price is 1150€, so check your specs with the standart ones listed, in this case, the Crusher FT and the price is clarified.
The upcharges I see are the Tung Oil finish besides of hand rubbed oil finish, the matching headstock and maybe body wood (not sure on this one, just check it).
Every black, open bobbin Pickup is considered standart as far as I know.

Just in case, take in consideration If you may end up getting a stained colour on that or any other weird finish, that they let the paintjobs do another company, so this would cost like +500€.

And YES, this is the real deal. ;)
Many have one, many are impressed for that pricerange.
Here's my build that will eventually make its move to their Shop.
Nr. 1 -> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...customizations/269158-3-builds-1-opinion.html

Cheers!

DanielLunardi

Reaction score
I have a real GAS to buy a Ran Crusher... probably an 8 string straight or an ff8... as i live in Brazil, i have to wait some friend of mine who will travel to Europe and bring it to me... that's the problem when you live in a terrible country with terrible laws and other stuff... but Ran got my respect.

Necromagnon

Reaction score
Yeah, a friend told me that Ran works more or less as Carvin in the USA: Good prices for EU guys, but kinda expensive for overseas pals. It's a pity.
I think it's more from the politics/economics that there's a problem rather than from the company side. I don't see any reason for taking away possible customers when you are a company (unless you start all the conspiracy and illuminati shit).
Taxes, import/export fees, shipping, and whatever, are really expensive when moving from one continent to another.

Btw, about Ran, I don't know if their cases have improved since I bought mine, but 160€ for the shitty case I got.... That really annoyed me a lot to pay this much for a case that doesn't worth more than the lowest quality universal case...

Anyway, as said: buy one, and you'll by several others afterwards. :hbang:

chopeth

Reaction score
Hello dear fellas.

I've been looking for custom shop guitars just for fun (and to feed my GAS a bit). Of course, I've come along with the "classic" in this forum (Mayo, Skerv, KxK, ViK...) but one brand has really gotten my attention: Ran.

So, I proceeded to look at all those beautiful NGDs with Ran's Crushers and I'm really impressed by the quality, the woods and how the general appearence is.
So, I decided to email Dariusz and see how much he would charge me to get a semi-custom Crusher 7 string.
So, these are the specs:
No. of strings: 7-string
R or L handed: right handed
Scale length: 27”
Construction method: Ran AANJ w/NTB style heel
Body shape: Crusher
Body material: swamp ash
Top wood options: flat - Wenge
Body binding: none
Binding material: N/A
Body finish: other - Tung Oil
Custom finish: none
Headstock shape: Crusher
Headstock: regular
Headstock finish: match body finish
Headstock binding: none
Truss rod cover: plastic (b/w/b)
Logo: white mother of pearl
Neck material: 3P mahogany
Neck shape: RAN-shape
Nut width: 1 7/8” (48mm), 7-string
Thickness at 1st/12th: 19-21mm (recommended for 6,7-string)
Neck finish: match body finish
Fingerboard material: ebony
Fingerboard binding: none
Number of frets: 24
Fret size: Dunlop 6100
Fingerboard radius: 17”
Fingerboard inlays (white mother of pearl): none
Custom inlay(s): none
Fingerboard side inlays: Luminlay dots
Nut: graphite
Hardware color: black
Bridge system: Hipshot Fixed 7-string
Tuning machines: Schaller M6 locking
Straplocks: Schaller
Neck Pickup: BareKnuckle - Aftermath
Middle Pickup: none
Bridge Pickup: BareKnuckle - Aftermath
Pickup rings: none
Control knobs: 1 x volume
Pickup selector: 3-way toggle
Flight case: yes

How come this guitar, considering it's a semi-custom, will cost 1270 euros (flight case +160 euros, shipping +50 euros)? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is this a dream? Is this just a hoax? They are "that" good?

I'm impressed. You can get a semi-custom guitar for the price of a high end Schecter (like the Jeff Loomis sig, or maybe a bit more expensive).

No doubt I will be saving for one as soon as my guitar skills are enough to get one, and as soon as I have a job.

What do you guys think? They are worth giving a shot?

You didn't calculate it properly as someone said. Saludos!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
My RAN Crusher FT arrived a while ago so I've had a good while to get to know it and get over the honeymoon period. Its an incredible guitar. For the price and quality its a hell of deal. All mine needed was a setup to my preference and it was ready to go. Its very thick sounding and has a really long sustain to single notes. Fretwork is top notch and I can't fault any part of it.

I'd put on par with my Ibanez prestiges but with a much tighter neck joint and smoother neck finish. You won't be disappointed.

')