Randall g3 plus?

• Thread starter shoot2thrill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the amp your talking about. It sounds pretty good for what your wanting to do with it but you will need a noise gate to keep it tight. It has a very open ended bass driven tone so you will have to dial the bass back a fair bit. It does lack in clarity compared to a tube amp but as far as solid state goes, I think its a really good amp. Especially for its price.
The Valveking comment is sooooo wrong. I have owned one of these in the past and with an eq pedal and boost, I had the other guitarist with a 5150 scratching his little bald head. With both amps being similar in price (in Australia), I would go a Valvking with a few pedals to "metal" it up.
As a whole the G3+ isnt a bad amp. Its great for over saturated deathcore styled tones but will def need something to help clean it up if you want to tighten its sound. It lacks clarity as most solid state amps do when cranked up to band volume but if you looking for punch and the ability to blow peoples arse holes out then its the amp for you. What it lacks in sweet majestic tone, it makes up with by having big massive black gorilla balls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')