Randall RX120RHS good Choice?

• Thread starter Autumn Soldier
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Autumn Soldier

Crown of Swords
Reaction score
Ok, I have decided I will be buying myself a christmas present by December.
And i wanna get a nice half stack for a nice price.
I don't wanna mess with tube amps at the momment, that can wait till prolly summer when i can work up enough money for a nice tube amp yada yada yada like a peavey 6505 or the Randall's MTS series amp heads ect.
Anyways, i've been checkin around, and i have always liked what i have seen with Randall

And for the price, i think this would be a good start for a amp. For it being $500.

So tell me, and i making a wise choice leaning torwards the Randall RX120RHS or not?
I think it is, but i want some of my buds from the forums input.
Good pick, or not?

Thanks
-Trevor.
zrandallRandallRX120RHS.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've played the 75 watt combo RX series, although not the current G2, but the series before that, but regardless
The amount of gain on the OD channel is a bit lacking.
I would end up boosting it, and even then, I found I had just enough gain for rhythm but still lacking in a super saturated lead sound.
It's not a bad amp by any means, but stretching out to the G3 Series is a better bet.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
you'd be better off with a line 6 spider II or III...

I played one of those Randalls a few months ago and It was pretty boring.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
At that price point I'd get a used 5150 combo myself. The best thing is you could buy a 2x12" cab later and make a half stack out of it (or even a 4x12" to make a 3/4 stack :lol: ), best amp for the money IMO.

DSilence

Reaction score
If I had the choice between that and a 5150, Id probably go with the 5150. You may regret the solidstate. But I havnt heard one personally.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
The G3 series have been getting decent reviews. If you don't want to deal with tubes, I'd suggest going with one of those. Like the others have said, the RX series aren't that great.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
+1 on the G3 series. or maybe you can get one of the older G2 models for cheap on the bay, as the G3 series is already a little longer available now...

blackgecko

Reaction score
my vote would go for the flextone III at least you have plenty of options to tweak

')