Randall Satan 50 already discontinued?

• Thread starter LeftOurEyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ribboz

Enjoy
Reaction score
What about an Ola Englung Engl signature amp?

I know it goes against his desire to be a little more free to play what he wants. But that would be pretty rad. Especially since he played them for a long time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Nonsensical.

They had great sig artists.

They were doing really interesting stuff with good designers.

Mts is awesome. The fortin stuff all sounds great.

But nope.

Like shitty blackstar survives and moves tons of units.

This is the worst timeline.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Nonsensical.

They had great sig artists.

They were doing really interesting stuff with good designers.

Mts is awesome. The fortin stuff all sounds great.

But nope.

Like shitty blackstar survives and moves tons of units.

This is the worst timeline.

Because Blackstar actually has distribution, great marketing, and higher-ups that knew what the fuck they're doing. :lol:

Never said the products or the design sucked. The people meant to get those designs out there did.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Because Blackstar actually has distribution, great marketing, and higher-ups that knew what the fuck they're doing. :lol:

Never said the products or the design sucked. The people meant to get those designs out there did.

Ya I agree. They were baddies. Just goes to show that hedge fund backing, a money to throw at marketing, and rebranded jcm900s is all you need for success.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ya I agree. They were baddies. Just goes to show that hedge fund backing, a money to throw at marketing, and rebranded jcm900s is all you need for success.

It worked because for awhile everyfuckingone was using blackstars. :lol: That and the fact they got into both the budget tube amp and mini tube amp market before the boom really happened.

mpexus

Reaction score
It worked because for awhile everyfuckingone was using blackstars. :lol: That and the fact they got into both the budget tube amp and mini tube amp market before the boom really happened.

And that is called Excellent Marketing skiils ;)

Music barely makes any money but Gear keeps selling. There are more people buying Gear today than never. Tons of small gigs or bedroom players that dont need 100W or 50W beast... but do these old school Companies do anything to provide them solutions that are affordable and more important, adequate to their needs? Nope, rarely anyone old does...

They will "cry" when Digital will take over for good. It started already and it keeps getting better year by year.Might not be tomorrow but I pretty much doubt in 20 years half Amp builders are still operating. Amps will be kinda of a thing to record with on a Studio, and how many of the same does a studio need? Exactly.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Blackstars sound good, I don't get why everybody suddenly hates them.

Blackheart, on the other hand, were some godawful amps

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Blackstars sound good, I don't get why everybody suddenly hates them.

Blackheart, on the other hand, were some godawful amps

Can't suddnely hate something when you never liked them in the first place. :D

I tried an HT series amp back in the day when they were the next big thing. Never got the hype. And if I were to go solely by demos and album recordings, I never got the hype behind the Series One as well. Just sounded like a more generic Uberschall or Recto. For the price youd spend on a Series One there was much better on the market.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Can't suddnely hate something when you never liked them in the first place. :D

I tried an HT series amp back in the day when they were the next big thing. Never got the hype. And if I were to go solely by demos and album recordings, I never got the hype behind the Series One as well. Just sounded like a more generic Uberschall or Recto. For the price youd spend on a Series One there was much better on the market.

I've always hated them and their marketing team.
fucking diodes and solid state gain stages. get out of here with that shit.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Blackstars were one of the makers who put power soak knob standard in their amps though. And I appreciated that. We once played a gig with a sponsored backline of Blackstar 200s. I couldn't get it to saturate enough, putting it in about under 100 watts did the trick. I thought that was a cool feature. Along with their ISF brit-american knob.

Bearitone

Reaction score
There’s absolutely nothing stopping diode clipping or a solid state preamp from sounding phenomenal

Descent

Reaction score
Blackstar invaded the market with "tube" amps that weren't quite tube. Anything besides the Artisan that I've heard is not very good. The Artisan on the other hand is super $$$$ so for that cash might as well go real Plexi or a clone like Metropoulos.

A friend of mine swears by their Core 100 (or something like that)
https://blackstaramps.com/uk/products/idcore-stereo-100

I haven't really been impressed by their modeling either.

On the other hand Randall seems to bring impressive stuff but always falls short or gives up the product for some reason. MTS, for example, was/is a revolutionary amp, luckily it found a new home in the Synergy amps product line.
http://www.synergyamps.com/

On the other hand, the latest incarnations of Randall didn't seem to appealing to me, a bit overcooked IMO, the Satan, Thrasher, etc. were just too bright and brash for my taste. If we were still recording to tape that will probably work better but the way these were tuned just hurt my ears. Too much like a EVH/5150/6505.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Blackstars were one of the makers who put power soak knob standard in their amps though. And I appreciated that. We once played a gig with a sponsored backline of Blackstar 200s. I couldn't get it to saturate enough, putting it in about under 100 watts did the trick. I thought that was a cool feature. Along with their ISF brit-american knob.

Sucks the amps with those innovations are outclassed by amps half their price, even when they were released.

If nobody told you they had those you wouldn't know the difference

If the HT series was the first tube amp I ever tried, and found out about the hybrid preamp, I would assume that all hybrid amps sound like crap. :lol:

Since we're talking about Randall, the RD series is lightyears ahead of the HT series. And the higher-end tube amps are better than the Series Ones.

Latest posts

')