Randall Smith fired from Mesa?

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's a bit rumor-y at this point, but seems for sure he is leaving and insider sources say pushed out. This does not bode well:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
🤦‍♂️ I was just thinking yesterday how Gibson wasn't just milking the Mesa name, and not a lot has come out from Mesa in the last two years. Also speculation, I wonder if Randall was blocking whatever stupid ideas Gibson was proposing.

If it's true, it's dumb.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I trust Ryan Bruce about as much as I like his tone. :2c:

One of the reasons Randall Smith gave for selling to Gibson was that he, 75 years old at the time and now almost 80, was looking to retire in the near future.

What role he even still had at Mesa post sale doesn't seem to be entirely clear either.

If he wanted to do this until he's 90, he probably shouldn't have sold in the first place, but the dude is a legend. I like to think that he's riding off into the sunset to live out the rest of his days in a nice beach villa building Mk1 clones for the rich for five figures a pop while sipping maitais.

')