Randall T2, V2, Titan, Randall XL 4x12 cab, & Peavey XXX

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I'm looking to downsize my rig. Must sell all or most of my amp heads to put money towards car repairs / restoration :(

I'd prefer local sale in the Los Angeles area, but PM me and we can talk shipping for the amps. Don't want to ship the cab lol. You can find my ebay account, doombag, for references or dealing with others on this site :)

Some "quick" descriptions and opinions on these critters...

Randall T2 - effing BEAST at 400 watts. Sounds great at low practice volumes and amazing as you turn it up. Crushing smooth angry tone and fantastic huge tight low end. Think boosted Dual Rec & 5150 had a fizzless baby but in reality the father was Randall, and depending on where you set the presence or Mid sweep knob, you decide who the bitch was :lol: Probably my favorite of the bunch for its simplicity while maintaining clarity and aggression.

Randall V2 - sister head to the T2... another MONSTER at 400w at 4 ohms (and 280w at 8ohms, I forget how many at 16 ohms)... Anyway this thing will also rip your face off. If I had to quickly describe it's tone to the T2, I would say maybe it's not as dark or in your face, but still very similar on the Tube OD channel. It really all depends where you set the dials and how you use the Graphic EQ. With the channel assignable EQ and a SS gain channel, you could say it's more versatile than the T2. Both amps slay and punch you in the gut; it just depends what you prefer. If you're a tweaker or a simple turn knobs and melt face guy!

-DISCLAIMER- V2 clean channel has low output issues, most likely needs a tech... (I will update this thread & price if I fix the problem)

Peavey Triple XXX - I'm sure you guys know plenty of this baby. Awesome tight metal and hard rock amp, and an underrated Peavey head IMO because the 5150's steal all the glory. But with 2 rhythm or lead channels and a better clean channel, active FX loop to use as a boost or push your power tubes that much hotter, you can't go wrong. Boost this sucker and you have even tighter metal tone. Comes with Mesa branded 6L6 tubes, though can be self biased for EL34 or KT77's. Surprisingly not too bad at low volumes either, though it gets REALLY loud quick.

-DISCLAIMER- Footswitch included but clean button won't engage

Randall Titan - 300w solid state 2 channel raw aggression and GLORY, with foot switchable reverb and FX loop. The most tube like or dynamic SS head I've ever played. Big tight low end, not as much as say the T2 or V2 but very big indeed. It's gain is dry and pissed off, effing RAW. I've yet to try boosting it because it has plenty of gain for modern metal or thrash for me. I'm sure gain freaks would cream their pants after boosting this sucker. There's just something to me in this gain structure and mid voicing that sounds unique. It's that dryness in it's voicing that gives it clarity and appear to have less gain when really, there's plenty. And for some reason, even being SS, as you turn it up that dryness fills out in detail and it sounds better!

art.jpg

DSCN8127.jpg

Don't forget the T2 and V2 have MIDI In / Outs for your foot controllers or FX units! Also Preamp out, and XLR DI out puts for going direct to the board (cab too!)

Prices are as listed plus shipping CONUS:
T2 head only - $550
V2 with footswitch- $500
XXX with footswitch, clean foot button doesn't work - $420
Local only feeler:
Randall Titan with 2 button footswitch - $300
RS412XLT100 Cab (400w cab with Celestion G12-H100w speakers), local sale only - $450

Clips of the Titan and T2 are in my sig... Will try to make some comparison clips ASAP of the rest of the heads. I will take your best offer but please no low ballers :rolleyes:

Hit me up if you have any questions! :wavey:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')