Randall V2/T2

• Thread starter ItWillDo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Sup everyone,

So I've been looking at the Randall V2/T2 Head to purchase as my next step in gaining a better sounds since my band is probably going to start touring soon. I've played a 6505+ 112 Combo until now but it's time to step up a bit.

If I had an option of choosing I'd go for an ENGL Invader 150 in a heartbeat but sadly as many others I'm restricted due to my financial state as a student so € 2.5K is a bit too much for me. The Randall V2 or T2 head is pretty much in my budget and looks pretty satisfying too. I haven't had the option of testing it since nobody I know owns it and there aren't any musicstores in the vicinity that have the amplifier.

So I come to you to ask for your advice! To start it all off, what is the main difference between the V2 and T2? Is their gain sufficient to get a good deathcore tone with nice aggressive mids?

And most important question of all: Does it djent?

TL;DR: What is the main difference between a Randall V2/T2 and how is the tone?

Thanks in advance,
ItWillDo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Antwerp hu?
Get the ENGL Invader 150, at thomann it's only 2.2k + free shipping.
ENGL INVADER 150 E640 - Thomann Belgian Cyberstore
Can't help much more, i've got a crappy rig myself that i'm desperate to improve, but due to money problems (you know it, you're one to, students...).
I'm telling you, if I had that kind of money to invest in gear it would've been done already. Sadly reality likes to give its own spin to things and refuses to cooperate in these cases.

Considering you're from Belgium, what band are you from?

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
I'm telling you, if I had that kind of money to invest in gear it would've been done already. Sadly reality likes to give its own spin to things and refuses to cooperate in these cases.

Considering you're from Belgium, what band are you from?

Ah, could have been that those 300 bucks were the issue :squint:
Then I'm afraid I can't help you, no experience with any kind of amps/heads.

And on the note of the band: no band at all. I don't have the money and I'm to shitty as a player :p me and some friends may be forming a litlle cover band during summer vacation though, to bad they aren't really into what I like (me: prog-metal/metal/djent-ish stuff).

Connor

Guy
Reaction score
I've got a V2.
The main difference is the 6 band EQ on the V2, which is very touchy and handy.
You can definitely get a djent tone out of it depending on how you set it up and the cab and all that sort of stuff.
It really has more gain than anyone will ever need.
After a while you might want to consider getting a rack happening too.

pathos45

Reaction score
veil of maya uses the v2 or did to record the most recent album. So it can get into that territory

JeffHenneman

Reaction score
I have a v2 ninja and it is a total gain monster. That's being said, it has a very clean and clear distortion, very articulate. A very unique voicing as well. The built in eq is awesome and it is foot switchable. I am gonna be selling mine soon, what is your price range.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Loved mine, but longed for a better clean channel. If thats not an issue, go for it.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I fiddled with a v2 a while ago and it easily does djent without anything in front or behind it.

I actually liked the cleans as well (granted I was using my Q-tuner equipped guitar and the amp has to have THEE worst sounding clean in existence to not sound good with those clean).

I'd love to have a v2 myself, the lack of a graphic eq on the t2 is a bit of a turn off but you could always buy a pedal if it concerns you as much as it does me.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Go for either man. I love my T2 and the V2 is amazing as well. I want to say the T2 has a bit more gain in the tube channel but I'm not sure; either way there is more than enough in both amps. If you want a simpler amp with tube cleans go for the T2 but the V2 is probably more versatile because of the assignable graphic EQ.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
V2 is the shit, man!

It's got a ton of options on it....SS clean (it's weakest point, but not too bad), SS overdrive, and tube overdrive. Add to that, the assignable graphic EQ, and Density and Presence controls in the master, and well....sky's the limit!

Should have plenty of gain on the tube channel for anything. The SS drive has less, even with the boost engaged, but still plenty enough for most any type of metal.

Also, volume will never be an issue either. This thing gets beyond loud!

I'd choose this amp over just about anything else on the market, no lie.

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
I've owned many amps, including both a V2 and T2. They're amazing amps. Tons of gain, and alot of headroom! I personally liked the T2 best for what I needed it for. The EQ on the V2 is super useful though. I personally think the T2 has more gain.

I currently still own a 5150, and my other guitar player has a 6505+... and I think they're a joke compared to the Randall T2/V2.

T2 is soo responsive. Very Articulate, tons of low end. I have nothing but great things to say about the T2.

I'm about to sell my 5150 and grab another Randall again I think. I wish I never sold the V2.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
I've never played a t2, but from what I've used with the v2, it's really sensitive as to how you dial it in. The tones are in there though, definitely well suited for deathcore, and it can definitely djent.

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Longed for a V2, finally got one....it's not going anywhere anytime soon!!! I love it even more now that I have linked up with my effects processor via MIDI. It's a heavy, solid amp that will rival some of the best on the market. I think it is one of the best on the market, especially when you consider it's price point. Put it this way, I previously had a Randall RM100 head with 7 preamp modules, including the KH1, 2, & 3. i've also owned a dual rec. The V2 slays them both straight outta the box.

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
please explain to me how you would wire 2 heads to run together??

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Have you considered a used ENGL?

Second hand, ENGL don't go for that much in this country, I can't see that it would go for that much more on the continent.

Otherwise go for a Powerball 100 or something for a fraction of the cost. The T and V amps I've always found really lacking. A friend of mine had one for ages, I never gelled with it.

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
please explain to me how you would wire 2 heads to run together??

Not sure if this answers your question. This is how I run 2 amp heads together (and sounds awesome and works great)

Radial Bones™ Twin-City ABY switcher

It's as simple as can be. This is the best ABY I've come across. No phase issues, and the drag control for finding the right impedance is so useful.

Radial all the way:hbang:

')