Randall V2/T2

• Thread starter ItWillDo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
i get that part, but how do you wire things up after the amp, like do u need 2 different cabs, 1 for each head?? or if it's a stereo cab, can you run one amp into one side and the other amp into the other side?? that's the part that confuses me. i'm not clear on the entire signal chain from beginning to end. i'd appreciate it if you could clarify that for me...if i added a 2nd head to my rig, how would i go about integrating that 2nd head??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
I'm not too sure I'm understanding, but this is how I setup mine. Maybe this will help.

For instance, here is a picture of my rig. My left side is setup for just my Randall T2. The right side is completely separate and setup for my Peavey 5150. (I can plug into one, or the other seperately. until I got the aby pedal)

Rig#1Left: 1 ISP Vector SL, 1 Vader 4x12, T2 Head.
Rig#2Right: 1 ISP Vector SL, 1 Vader 4x12, Peavey 5150. (I know a 2x15 was pictured. I have a 412 now)

I use the same pedal setup to go through both amps by using the ABY Pedal.
Here is a picture of my pedal setup. Here is the picture of the ABY PEDAL.(zoomed in for reference)

I have 1 cable going from OUT A (from top of aby pedal) to the input of my Randal T2.
I also have 1 cable going from OUT B to the input of my Peavey 5150.

Here is a picture diagram of the ISP DECIMATOR NOISEGATE so that it makes more sense why I have it plugged in the way I do. The cable wrapped up there on the floor is my instrument cable that I plug in from my guitar to the "Guitar In" input on the ISP. it's the middle input on the ride side. (see diagram picture)

I then have 1 cable from the Decimator OUT (left side of pedal) going into the "IN" on the ABY pedal. (right side of pedal).

Does this help?

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Nice explanation Breakdown, but I'm guessing he was wondering how to run both heads into one cabinet?

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
My apologies! hmm, I've never personally seen 2 heads running into 1 cab. Not saying it's not possible using that ABY pedal. Does a cabinet need to be wired accordingly, for something like that to work? Sorry man, I didnt understand. I'll do some research and see if I can find out.

Personally I think the overall sound would be better with at least 2 cabinets instead of 2 amp heads with 2 different sounds going through a single 4x12 regardless. I could be wrong.

Where I got confused a little on my setup was how to set the ohms. Since the ISP Vector has the built in cross over, and I'm using 2 different heads, etc. etc. I didnt at first know how to set the ohms on my amp head and vector.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
i get that part, but how do you wire things up after the amp, like do u need 2 different cabs, 1 for each head?? or if it's a stereo cab, can you run one amp into one side and the other amp into the other side?? that's the part that confuses me. i'm not clear on the entire signal chain from beginning to end. i'd appreciate it if you could clarify that for me...if i added a 2nd head to my rig, how would i go about integrating that 2nd head??

You need a stereo cab, which a lot of cabs are. Normally if the cab runs at 16 or 4 ohms mono, it'll be 8 ohms a side stereo capable (there'll be a switch).

You just run the 8 ohm output of either head into either side of the cab.

Not all cabs are stereo, and those that are aren't all 8 ohms a side.

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that def answered my question. I do have a stereo cab so i'm good there. I'll have to switch the cab to stereo, each side running 8ohms. The V2 auto-detects the cab impedance, so there is no switch on the head itself. I would just have to make sure the new head had acceptable impedance and wattage for my cab. That's something I should try out!! Oh yeah, plus I'd need the ABY switcher.

')