Randall v2

• Thread starter Anton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
Just wanted to know is there anybody here who has some experience with the Randall v2 I noticed the The Faceless use it and their last album has some great distortion sounds.

I wanted to know if it fits crunchier sounds and will it maintain heaviness and will still be clear ?

:shred::shred::shred::shred::shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShred1

Reaction score
A friend of mine Scott Shellby (Rigor Mortis,Gamaicide,Texas Metal Alliance) plays one and its sounds badass! I also saw another band use it when we saw Decrepit Birth a few weeks ago cant remember their name but his sound was badass also. Been thinking about getting one myself. The youtube vids I have seen on this head doesnt do it justice. Someone needs to put up some serious metal clips of this head.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I tried one out in a store a few weeks ago. HUGE sound, awesome tweakability (graphic EQ) and a shit load of gain.

But in all honesty I liked the T2 better. It depends on what type of person you are. tweaker? or plug 'n play?

different strokes for different folks...I love that saying :lol:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Im using a VMAX. Fucking incredible. There are a few things that are missing (the option of serial/parallel fx routing), but so far as the sound goes: Its huge.

The T2 is technically bigger on its own i think, but the V2/VMAX have so many more options its not funny. Seriously massive sound. Ive managed to get sounds similar to Fear Factory and Meshuggah so far. Good stuff.

Give it a try if you can, its well worth it, and Randall's have a pretty signature sound that not everyone appreciates.

cosmicamnesia

Reaction score
i just traded mine to TMM...they are huuuge sounding heads...very flexible and very crunchy....i guess theyre pretty noisy, but hey, its a randall....all you need is a good gate

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
i have played both the v2 and t2 for a couple of hours each, and two of my mates both own a t2 each.
the V2 can indeed be a very heavy amp, especialy when you use the eq function to boost it a bit, however for really clear distortion i think you may need to work on it, either a od pedal, or try out the T2 which imho is far superior

Reaction score
Everyone says the T2 is better than the V2. As for the difference, I keep getting responses similar to the 6505 6505+ Difference. The amp with the less bells and whistles just sounds heavier and more aggressive

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone says the T2 is better than the V2. As for the difference, I keep getting responses similar to the 6505 6505+ Difference. The amp with the less bells and whistles just sounds heavier and more aggressive

I disagree. Owning the VMAX, i think tthat having the additional EQ options you really can dial in a massively heavy sound, and has more than enough gain for any situation.

Reaction score
That's what I would think, as I was looking into one of those amps but most people who've owned/played both prefer the t2 I find.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'd hate to do this again, Blatant self promotion but, If you haven't tried the RM100:

Its a shit camera but you get the idea - Its crisp as fuck, you'd maybe have it on 7 o clock for a gig(mic'd).

I've done this twice including now showing my vids in threads but hey, they were both randall threads...:lol:

PS. that cab is a pootz as so just imagine it being played through the XL with V30's...

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I would think, as I was looking into one of those amps but most people who've owned/played both prefer the t2 I find.

Its a personal thing i think, technically the T2 is more powerful, and the lack of extras in the circuit would give it a far sweeter tone. BUT, eq-ing and the grind of the V2 is just beautiful, and its far better for versatile playing :hbang:

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit similar sound like CrushingAnvil had posted....As I see the T2 will be better since I have a few eq's...Question is does the T2 can produce a similar sound like CrushingAnvil posted?

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit similar sound like CrushingAnvil had posted....As I see the T2 will be better since I have a few eq's...Question is does the T2 can produce a similar sound like CrushingAnvil posted?

I'll be honest man I've never played the T2 but I have probably heard bands using them and not known it :lol:

IMO the RM100 is probably a better amp in general - Randall say it is their Flagship model at the moment.

Pro's: *** A shit load of different modules you can use.
*** Loud As fuck
*** By the looks of mine - Extremely good built quality, Really good handles :)

Con's: *** It is rather heavy, not that I have lifted every single Valve amp in the world but I didn't expect it to be so heavy...I'd say its twice as heavy as a Spider line6 amp.

*** Its matching cab is oversized so moving it around is going to be Epic.

I don't mean to turn this into an RM100 thread, basically I suggest - If possible - you try the T2 and hey, even the V2 and if you can - the RM100.

Correct me If I am wrong but I saw you lived in Israel? Excuse me If I have misread :D Im not sure what the Musical instrument industry is like over there or if you can just buy stuff off ebay, could you go into town and try a randall or what?

Hope this is useful information :wavey:

Edit: AND Moscow Russia - I hear its hard finding good gear over there, correct me if I am wrong (again).

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
The problem with buying on Ebay is that delivery to Israel costs like 400$ which is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to much.
About the randall the damn dealer doesnt keep in stock the T2 and V2 so I can really hear them at the store.

Anyway I'll see what I can do about it....
Thanks for the help anyway

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
The problem with buying on Ebay is that delivery to Israel costs like 400$ which is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to much.
About the randall the damn dealer doesnt keep in stock the T2 and V2 so I can really hear them at the store.

Anyway I'll see what I can do about it....
Thanks for the help anyway

As a customer you can request he get them in, Im pretty sure it is your right.

does he have an RM100?

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
One thing I don't like in amps...cooling fans. I dont trust them at all.

Both the T2 and the V2 have cooling fans.

')