Random Pics of Your ERG's!

• Thread starter ncbrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
photo.php
My heavily modded Fender Stagemaster 7 string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
View attachment 64416 View attachment 64417 Hell yes man, that looks so epically great! :D Heavily modded Stagemaster twinsies!! ;)

Nice dude! Mine was originally blue with dual DiMarzio Air Nortons. I hated the fat strat look on mine, so I reshaped the body with a band saw and reshaped the headstock back in 2011 and threw in a DiMarzio Deactivator in the bridge. Oddly enough... Mine looks like an early prototype Solar Guitars 7 string - the shape of the body and headstock are very similar.

IMG_20170904_152209_272-1.jpg

Last edited:

ToadLeBG

Reaction score
I see a lot of very beautifuls guitars here !

Here is mine

1548321967-20181219-111835-2.jpg

I love that guitar. It's a little bit pricey here in France (1700€) but I wanted a baritone guitar, I like the snakebyte shape and the quilted maple is beautiful

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
Did it come with their Nunchaku/Cream (if I got that right) pickups? Was not a fan of them when I heard videos of them being played. Do most Ormsby owners swap them our or keep them?

I'm not sure what pickups are in my model but they are stock 100%. Maybe I can check in the future.
About the sound of them - I was quite surprised when I started playing. I knew that they are medium output ones and that's definitely true. But I like the sound. They can be agressive and are very 'transparent', meaning I can hear every note while playing big chords. That being said I'm not planning to change them but I have some serious problems with microphonic feedback because of poor waxing work (thanks to some SS members I know that this is the reason of the feedback).

tl;dr version: I like them but you have to get use to the sound and adjust your amp of modeller to get great response.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what pickups are in my model but they are stock 100%. Maybe I can check in the future.
About the sound of them - I was quite surprised when I started playing. I knew that they are medium output ones and that's definitely true. But I like the sound. They can be agressive and are very 'transparent', meaning I can hear every note while playing big chords. That being said I'm not planning to change them but I have some serious problems with microphonic feedback because of poor waxing work (thanks to some SS members I know that this is the reason of the feedback).

tl;dr version: I like them but you have to get use to the sound and adjust your amp of modeller to get great response.
The guitar seems classy and I would like an Ormsby if I am going to go down the multiscale road (which I am tempted to go for). I am always bothered of course when guitars over the 1k mark do not have big name hums though. Just a personal peeve I guess.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
The guitar seems classy and I would like an Ormsby if I am going to go down the multiscale road (which I am tempted to go for). I am always bothered of course when guitars over the 1k mark do not have big name hums though. Just a personal peeve I guess.

I gonna definitely recommend the GTR TX :) It's my first axe with multiscale and it's quite challenging to paly I must say (finger strech). About the hums, I think Perry is well aware of the quality of their pickups. And that's why they're using them instead of other brands.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
About the hums, I think Perry is well aware of the quality of their pickups. And that's why they're using them instead of other brands.

Well I mean... same could be said for Ibanez using their own pickups? Manufacturers are acutely aware of the price of their own pickups vs. third party.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Well I mean... same could be said for Ibanez using their own pickups? Manufacturers are acutely aware of the price of their own pickups vs. third party.
i've yet to try any ibby oem pickups that were actually good enough not to swap out. the ormsby ones are actually quite good and i don't feel the need to swap em

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
i've yet to try any ibby oem pickups that were actually good enough not to swap out. the ormsby ones are actually quite good and i don't feel the need to swap em

Yea, Ibanez OEM are shit. But I'm just saying it's really painting Perry in a great light to look at a cost-saving choice and say, "He does it for the quality!!" He didn't start outsourcing to Korea because of quality. It's okay, it's a business, but yea...

Latest posts