Random Pics of Your Rig

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got almost off of my shit together today. Had to replace the Bias Supply caps in the Mark III, I guess they decided that they'd survived long enough (it's an 85 model) and one popped.

Mark III Black Stripe rackmounted, Soldano Hot Rod 100 Plus in the bottom. These will be ran stereo into each side of my Recto 4x12

f43ee0f1.jpg

Also just got a Pedaltrain. This thing rules, much cleaner and tidier than my old pedalboard.

Signal goes through the Line 6 Relay G30, then into a Dunlop volume pedal (Planet Waves tuner in the tuner output)>MXR Smart Gate>MXR GT-OD>Red Witch Emma tremolo. I will be placing an Electro Harmonix Freeze after the Smart Gate when it shows up later this week. This all goes into a crazy labyrinth controller I built. It's my old EVH 5150 III controller shell that I plan on sanding down and printing labels for. Button one is an Electro Harmonix Switchblade AB box, I gutted it and mounted it in the end of the EVH shell. Button two is my channel switcher for the Soldano, button three is the Clean/Rhythm switcher for the Mark III, button 4 is a gutted CAE Linear Boost, mounted in the controller as well that runs into the effects loop of the Soldano. Whew, sorry for the novel.

d6af85ec.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Luafcm

Reaction score
How's that Roland head?
It's the perfect 3rd channel for my rig. And I paid less for the 6505+ and JC-120 head than I would have for a triple rec.

The JC-120H head is the shiz! Take's my tone back to the days of pristine classical passages in thrash tunes. It loves having a compressor pumped into it, but needs no pedals for the ultimate clean/chorus tone. I usually run it through the V30 2x12 cab I have. Sounds better than I could possibly describe.

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

That dual rec is not mine. For what it's worth I like the 6505+ better for a metal guitar tone. This was my first time playing a Mesa. Have to say the bottom end is better than any amp I have ever heard. Wish the 6505+ had that much nuts. Still, the 6505+ has a much nicer mid range voice for my playing.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Nice rig! I just sold my JC-120 Combo to get a Cornford Harlequin but I would kill for a JC head! IMO the best clean sound ever

Max_SMW

Reaction score
Hey fellow gearheads, I`m new here and thought I could start with posting my rig :)

20120124_230100.jpg

20120122_014630.jpg

The 6505 and Mesa Cab belong to my bandmate.

Signal Chain goes as follows:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in bridge position) -> Line 6 Relay G90 -> ISP Decimator Pro Rack G -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Mesa Roadster -> FX ISP Channel 2 -> BBE Maximizer -> Roadster Return -> Diezel 412 G12K100 FL
(Going to swap out the Diezel cab for a Mesa soon)

I`ve owned and tested many amps and so far I can say that I couldn`t find a tone that`s anywhere near as brutal as what I get with that rig.
I play Drop B with my band and it sounds tight as f**k :)

Greets from Germany, Max

satchisgod

Reaction score
Hey fellow gearheads, I`m new here and thought I could start with posting my rig :)

The 6505 and Mesa Cab belong to my bandmate.

Signal Chain goes as follows:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in bridge position) -> Line 6 Relay G90 -> ISP Decimator Pro Rack G -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Mesa Roadster -> FX ISP Channel 2 -> BBE Maximizer -> Roadster Return -> Diezel 412 G12K100 FL
(Going to swap out the Diezel cab for a Mesa soon)

I`ve owned and tested many amps and so far I can say that I couldn`t find a tone that`s anywhere near as brutal as what I get with that rig.
I play Drop B with my band and it sounds tight as f**k :)

Greets from Germany, Max

Very, very classy rig!!! That LP Custom is beautiful.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just plugged in and jammed out for a while... feels great and sounds better. It's been too long. :metal:

20120225_161927.jpg

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
is it a soloist? and is it a production model top? damn that looks so nice. usually i hate see through black aka grey ... but holy fuck: awesome geetar. and awesome mark IV and awesome ultra plus!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's my custom shop Jackson soloist - the ultra plus is a friends but it does sound good :metal:

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
nice stuff there bro, what wood is it made of and what pups do youve got in there? the ultra plus is super rare in europe and sometimes im really pissed that i sold it.

xchristopherx

Reaction score
Do want your cabs.

I got them for stupid cheap. I bought the 2x12 from some dude in my town who does meth or something .... No wait dub step. Anyway, he wanted like 600, I offered three and he let me have it. The 4x12 I had to drive an hour for, but got it for 450 from a guy who didn't play music anymore. It's got greenbacks and the cel30s in an x pattern. I'm really pleased with them. They respond well, and they have the "meat" I couldn't get from my Mesa cabs.

pero

makes his own bacon
Reaction score
picked up the 5150 yesterday for my bandmate, and realized I like it`s lead channel more than I like my 6505+ :scream:

btw. anybody know how can I find out how old is the 5150.... something to do with the serial number ?

2q2oe2w.jpg

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
My rig's the same in heart, except for my orange 412 and GCX with pedals
Nice going :) I think the 50/50 is a excellent power amp for the fractal, I can use the power amp sims and have a awsome sound.

That's awesome! Thanks, and yeah I keep the power amp sims on and it sounds so badass. I'm thinking of getting an orange cab but can't decide and I am getting a 2x12 and will run stereo with them (even though the 4x12 deliverance has stereo as well) Such a cool sound playing the axe through a real cab, it sounds sweet! I ended up going with the rocktron midi mate, can't complain for 50 bucks haha.

Reaction score
384bz.jpg

Cort X-TH - Modified Guitar

- 2005 Made in Korean
- Mahogany Body
- Maple/Bubinga Neck (5pc - Neck Thru)
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- 24 Fret, Dunlop 6105
- Scalloped Fingerboard 21-24 frets
- EMG 81-60 Pickup
- Hipshot Tremsetter
- All cover (Truss rod cover & back router covers) Polished Shellac Mahogany Wood

34nw7.jpg

• BOSS CE-3 CHORUS (1983 Made in Japan)
• JIM DUNLOP CRY BABY ZW-45 WAH (True Bypass & Blue Led Mod)
• MESA BOOGIE V-TWIN PREAMP (V2) (2 x SOVTEK 12AX7)

• KLOTZ FUNKMASTER (3m)
• KLOTZ LAGRANGE (3m)
• DİMARZİO JUMPER (2X 30 cm)

• ALEN GEERE PW2 POWER SUPPLY
• ALEN GEERE AGPWRA2 12VAC POWER SUPPLY

• ELECTRO-HARMONIX PEDAL BAG

Manhell

Reaction score
That's awesome! Thanks, and yeah I keep the power amp sims on and it sounds so badass. I'm thinking of getting an orange cab but can't decide and I am getting a 2x12 and will run stereo with them (even though the 4x12 deliverance has stereo as well) Such a cool sound playing the axe through a real cab, it sounds sweet! I ended up going with the rocktron midi mate, can't complain for 50 bucks haha.

Yes indeed, but beware that the orange cabs are only 16ohm input so you must rewire them in order to take full potencial out of it, I didn't do it to mine but I'm thinking about it. you can use it with the 8ohm output that's a safe mismatch but something will be missing, still sounds great tho.

I play 8 strings and it can take it very well.

')