Random Pics of Your Rig

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
I actually prefer the 5150 over the 6505+ but it all just depends on what I am doing. If i am playing rhythm in a band then i will go with the 5150. If i am doing leads i usually go for the 6505+. To me they both sound completely different but still awesome so i like to switch with them every now and then.I have an head and rack case combo that fits both so i will just pick one before I go to play a show and just put it in the case

Nice! always been curious to the difference of the original and the later incarnations

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
yea Corey is my dude. i have been getting cabs off him for awhile. I was playing in a band called car rides but we broke up and i have been doing this metal project on the side but now its my main band. For Those Who Fear The Fall Of Man | Facebook

Yeah, I keep meaning to pick up an RDK, but when he has one for sale, I have no money! Haha My bandmate has one.

Ah shit, Car Rides was some good jams. All the good pop punk seems to break up in Ohio. Played with the Initiative a bunch here in Dayton.

Diggin' the tune from For Those Who Fear the Fall of Man!

carcass

Reaction score
I have a home made 2X12 cab with the specs of a mesa and an orange. Fender Frontman 15R combo turned into a amp head. Boss super overdrive SD-1 Modded a isp decimator and a furman power conditioner

Love the combo-into-head modification. How hard will it be to do this modification with Peavey vypyr 15?

Dr Muerte21

Death From Above
Reaction score
Love the combo-into-head modification. How hard will it be to do this modification with Peavey vypyr 15?

Its really not that hard to make it into a amp head. All you do is cut the amp shell to desire length and glue it together, then you put your tolex on, or if you don't want to cut you could unplug the speaker and attach a 1/4 mono jack.

soberyouth

Reaction score
He makes em by request mostly now. You usually tell him what you want and he comes back at you with a price. Still cheaper than most cabs and built a lot better. Yea i was writing all the songs for car rides and i had like five songs to teach the rest of them but they never wanted to get together and learn them so i quit the band and i guess they all decided to quit. but thanks glad you like the metal stuff. we got to play with the Initiative once and was always wanting to play with them again

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
He makes em by request mostly now. You usually tell him what you want and he comes back at you with a price. Still cheaper than most cabs and built a lot better. Yea i was writing all the songs for car rides and i had like five songs to teach the rest of them but they never wanted to get together and learn them so i quit the band and i guess they all decided to quit. but thanks glad you like the metal stuff. we got to play with the Initiative once and was always wanting to play with them again

Yeah, our band was going to all get cabs from him at one point, money just kept not being lined up. Some day!

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Nice! always been curious to the difference of the original and the later incarnations

You are missing something, the 5150 is the same than the 6505 and the 5150II is the same than the 6505+ so he is not comparing the same amp reincarnated, is an other amp.

naavanka_

Reaction score
Just got the case for these :)

330f830c.jpg

Inverted11

Reaction score
Simple and sweet.

Attachments

• DSC01352.JPG
    DSC01352.JPG
    876.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC01355.JPG
    DSC01355.JPG
    937.2 KB · Views: 43

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Okay,

I think this will be it for a while... done with making changes, done with any more money to burn...

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Only thing not shown is the Ibanez semi-hollow... EDIT: and the other Alesis speaker that runs all the speaker sims and direct clean sounds... kind of a bastardized W/D/W set up...

Last edited:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Okay,

I think this will be it for a while... done with making changes, done with any more money to burn...

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Only thing not shown is the Ibanez semi-hollow... EDIT: and the other Alesis speaker that runs all the speaker sims and direct clean sounds... kind of a bastardized W/D/W set up...

Tell me more about that ISP Theta pre, NOW! :squint:

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Tell me more about that ISP Theta pre, NOW! :squint:

Say "please!" :)

She's a beast... Here's all the specs you'll need:

http://www.isptechnologies.com/portfolio/theta-preamp/

VERY different from the Engl e530 for sure... the on board cabinet simulator is what I used to record these tracks:

Light Horizon | Adam McLean

Double tracked rhythms with slightly different EQ's... the cleans are mostly run direct with no cab sim, just line outs... very Alex Lifeson circa HOLD YOUR FIRE/PRESTO... love 'em.

I love it... sounds good direct, sounds good through a cabinet or two as well.. it has a unique voice that is VERY articulate and open. Lots of low end. An excellent compliment to the Engl.

The Theta gets a bad rap a lot, but it's a damn fine piece of gear with it's own voice. You'll either love it or hate it. Lots of versatility...

Now if I can just get an Engl Power Amp to run all of this with another cabinet for a real W/D/W set up!

')