Random Pics of Your Rig

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Alright dude, that's the comparison I'm looking for. Options aside, how do you find the gain sound of 5150mh compared to the invective? I guess basically we have two very similar preamps with like 4-5 gain stages, and then different power tube distortion (which hopefully isn't occurring too much) and different transformers, maybe changing the sound and feel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright dude, that's the comparison I'm looking for. Options aside, how do you find the gain sound of 5150mh compared to the invective? I guess basically we have two very similar preamps with like 4-5 gain stages, and then different power tube distortion (which hopefully isn't occurring too much) and different transformers, maybe changing the sound and feel?

I need to experiment more. I've not actually tried the MH into the reload or even direct into my interface. Running it straight into the 4x12 it sounds similar to the Invective without the boost or the bottom end. The MH is a lot noisier (hiss) then the Invective even with the gate turned off. In fact the invective is the quietest amp I've ever played through.

This weekend I'll try to make a video comparing the two amps into the reload/scarlett/reaper/wall of sound.

And I really like the Torpedo Reload. I only recently got if after decades of running straight into a cabinet. I'm blown away with how cool it is. It's a reactive load so you don't even need to have a speaker cabinet hooked up to safely run your amp. And it has a integrated 100 watt solid state power amp to reamplify the signal into your speaker cabinets. This allows for some interesting ohms mismatching. Plus you can go from silent to loud with a nice linear sweep knob.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
I need to experiment more. I've not actually tried the MH into the reload or even direct into my interface. Running it straight into the 4x12 it sounds similar to the Invective without the boost or the bottom end. The MH is a lot noisier (hiss) then the Invective even with the gate turned off. In fact the invective is the quietest amp I've ever played through.

This weekend I'll try to make a video comparing the two amps into the reload/scarlett/reaper/wall of sound.

And I really like the Torpedo Reload. I only recently got if after decades of running straight into a cabinet. I'm blown away with how cool it is. It's a reactive load so you don't even need to have a speaker cabinet hooked up to safely run your amp. And it has a integrated 100 watt solid state power amp to reamplify the signal into your speaker cabinets. This allows for some interesting ohms mismatching. Plus you can go from silent to loud with a nice linear sweep knob.
What happens when you mismatch the impedances?

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing. The reload has a impedance switch so you can run 4/8/16 ohms into it from your amp. It loads down the amp so you don’t need a speaker attached.

But you can attach speakers. The internal power amp doesn’t really care what speakers are attached. Solid state amps are like that.

bluffalo

Reaction score
Another one for $25, can't say no. Re-arranged to fit the 5th and now have to re-re-arrange to get the sixth one on. About that Dimension I wanted......:erk:

IMG_20190316_200238.jpg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
All coming together now

Big rigs
C0-DCA604-6-CF1-4-C52-BE61-F0645631-E747.jpg

‘73 Super Lead, ‘82 1960a with G12-65s (and a Power Station!) along with an Ampeg SVT-II and a Heritage SVT810 (and a GK 800rb because it just sounds so good too).

Little rigs
0-BE0-A0-E2-5000-40-B1-8-BF7-EF0-AE2-F0239-C.jpg

‘69 Ampeg B15; ‘83 Marshall 4010 (it’s the single-channel 2204 circuit in a combo with a G12-65).

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
All coming together now

Big rigs
C0-DCA604-6-CF1-4-C52-BE61-F0645631-E747.jpg

‘73 Super Lead, ‘82 1960a with G12-65s (and a Power Station!) along with an Ampeg SVT-II and a Heritage SVT810 (and a GK 800rb because it just sounds so good too).

Little rigs
0-BE0-A0-E2-5000-40-B1-8-BF7-EF0-AE2-F0239-C.jpg

‘69 Ampeg B15; ‘83 Marshall 4010 (it’s the single-channel 2204 circuit in a combo with a G12-65).

Good taste in guitar amps AND bass amps.