Random Pics of Your Rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've no idea who Blades are, but the wording and hashtags in that image match up perfectly to the level of visual design of the amp :lol:

He's more than a bit notorious in the amp building and DIY community and I'll leave it at that. Do some googling about Blades Amps if you're curious.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted my main rig in this thread because it hasn't changed very much over the last few years, but I figured it would be worth taking some new photos since I wanted to post in the "show your pedalboard" thread too :D

The GCP/GCX and Amp Gizmo are the brains of the rig for midi presets, pedal switching, and amp channels/functions.

20220327-143657.jpg

20220327-145328.jpg

20220327-145433.jpg

20220327-150923.jpg

I'm playing the Mark V through the left cabinet and the Ultra Lead through the right cabinet about 99% of the time that I'm just jamming. I'm currently using the Plumes for my main rhythm boost and the M77 for my lead/solo overdrive, but I have a handful of other pedals that I'll swap into those spots depending on my mood. All of the other pedals are pretty much "permanent" in their respective spots.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted my main rig in this thread because it hasn't changed very much over the last few years, but I figured it would be worth taking some new photos since I wanted to post in the "show your pedalboard" thread too :D

The GCP/GCX and Amp Gizmo are the brains of the rig for midi presets, pedal switching, and amp channels/functions.

20220327-143657.jpg

20220327-145328.jpg

20220327-145433.jpg

20220327-150923.jpg

I'm playing the Mark V through the left cabinet and the Ultra Lead through the right cabinet about 99% of the time that I'm just jamming. I'm currently using the Plumes for my main rhythm boost and the M77 for my lead/solo overdrive, but I have a handful of other pedals that I'll swap into those spots depending on my mood. All of the other pedals are pretty much "permanent" in their respective spots.
As a fellow dual amp enthusiast, how do you wire the Decimators with the Amp Gizmo?

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
As a fellow dual amp enthusiast, how do you wire the Decimators with the Amp Gizmo?

The Amp Gizmo only does the amp channel/function switching. The Ultra Lead has a custom cable to connect to its footswitch jack, plus I'm using a couple of the 1/4" TRS jacks on the back of the unit to also control the Mark V and 5150. I think RJM makes (made?) a Rack Gizmo that controls amp functions and true bypass loops in one unit, though.

All of the pedals on the bottom shelf are in individual loops in the GCX besides the Warden and Tumnus, which are chained in one loop together. I'm not using the Link functionality of the Decimator pedals and they both come before the ABY, so there's nothing unusual about how I have to set them up :yesway:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The Amp Gizmo only does the amp channel/function switching. The Ultra Lead has a custom cable to connect to its footswitch jack, plus I'm using a couple of the 1/4" TRS jacks on the back of the unit to also control the Mark V and 5150. I think RJM makes (made?) a Rack Gizmo that controls amp functions and true bypass loops in one unit, though.

All of the pedals on the bottom shelf are in individual loops in the GCX besides the Warden and Tumnus, which are chained in one loop together. I'm not using the Link functionality of the Decimator pedals and they both come before the ABY, so there's nothing unusual about how I have to set them up :yesway:
Sorry, got the Amp Gizmo and Rack/Effects Gizmo mixed up. Thanks!

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score

20220327-143657.jpg

20220327-145328.jpg

20220327-145433.jpg

20220327-150923.jpg

I love this setup. It must sound glorious.

Every now and then I think about doing more of a rack-based setup instead of my normal pedalboard builds. It’s tough to fit everything I want to do on a pedalboard (especially considering control options using multiple amps).

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I love this setup. It must sound glorious.

Every now and then I think about doing more of a rack-based setup instead of my normal pedalboard builds. It’s tough to fit everything I want to do on a pedalboard (especially considering control options using multiple amps).

Thanks! Rack vs pedalboard is definitely a tough call once you get to something the size of your Maximum Effort™ build :wow:

I've had this head/rack case for nearly 10 years, so I've always had various iterations of my rig built around it since then. I might have gone for a pedalboard-based rig instead if switching units like the ES-8 had been available/affordable at the time, but I'm happy to stick with what I've got for the foreseeable future :)

TTMjeremy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What model is that EII Horizon? I've never seen one like that with just the one pickup before. Mine looks pretty much exactly like that except with two.
It was a limited run Axe Palace did a couple years ago. I think there were 10 made. The best guitar Ive ever owned/played.

Werecow

Reaction score
It was a limited run Axe Palace did a couple years ago. I think there were 10 made. The best guitar Ive ever owned/played.
It's awesome. I love the minimalist look of one pickup guitars.

Mine is also the best guitar i've got. Everything about it is pretty much perfect i think.

TTMjeremy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's awesome. I love the minimalist look of one pickup guitars.

Mine is also the best guitar i've got. Everything about it is pretty much perfect i think.
The minimalistic look is what I prefer. My LTD i barely play anymore. Its just my backup during shows. Still a great guitar though. The horizon is my main. Has everything I need or want.

LTD rolled out a single pickup, 1 knob guitar. The M-7. Havent played one but they look nice.

Latest posts

')