Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't too huge on the headstock of the 1527m at first, but the more I thought about it, with the white body and maple neck, a white headstock may be a bit much. I'd like to put that 1527m neck on the 1527gk, and then get a replacement neck for the 1527m body so it can stay maple too :yesway:

Metaldave

Reaction score
A change in direction of the pictures. From my band's rehearsal this evening :nuts:

14248_1272333293124_1373658697_7702.jpg

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
@metaldave
That is soo saddening :(

Shall your guitar rest in peace.. assuming you aren't getting a new neck :lol:

Anyways new pic of my douglas! D-Sonic 7 in the bridge, Dimarzio New7 in the neck :shred:
DSCN0618edit.jpg

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
interesting grain on there
Yeah, it never shows as well in photos as it does in person :) The ash top on this guy looks great

You can see a little bit of the figuring and how deep it is in this pic here (Along with my washburn 7 and a forest of guitars.. :rofl:)
DSCN0616edit.jpg

It's nowhere near as deep as the quilt on my explorer but it's damn nice :metal:

Metaldave

Reaction score
^^^

OMGWTFNOE!!!!

what happened?

It pissed me off one too many times (cut out at the end of our last show) and cuts out regularly in practice.. I've spent enough time fixing it.. So last night, I lost my head with it and danced on it! Was quite satisfying to be honest, only regret is that we recorded alot of my band's album with it..

@metaldave
That is soo saddening :(

Shall your guitar rest in peace.. assuming you aren't getting a new neck :lol:

It shall rest in piece bro, gonna get an Agile Septor today I think.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad to see a guitar destroyed over an easy fix issue.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or one that any less than privileged musician would love to have had.

I'm all for getting rid of gear you don't like, but not like that, 5 minutes with a soldering iron, or possible a pair of needle nose pliers could have saved it.

Metaldave

Reaction score
I see your points chaps.. I will do my best to restore it.. I regret it.

But I really did try with re-soldering.. I rewired it twice and change everything in it.. Just an extremely unreliable guitar. I bought it second hand on eBay and it was trouble pretty much from the start but I didn't complain as it was so cheap.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It sounds like something in there was loose. At most, some part of the electronics may have needed replacing.

Metaldave

Reaction score
That's what I thought. So when I put the EMG in I replaced everything in terms of wiring / tones pots and input jack.. So I'm at a lose to what could give the same issues after. All my leads / amps and foot stuff were cool and tested with another of my guitars..

I have taken it apart now and am organising a new neck as I type so it will be back in action soon enough.

On a side note, when I took the neck off I saw the body model was a RG 7421 and the neck was a RG 7621, what's that about?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
That's just Ibanez, they do it all the time. Could have been a faulty switch, maybe the battery connection is faulty, maybe you suck at soldering and got a bad connection or bad earth somewhere. It would probably be worth diagnosing it with a test light or multimeter.

Metaldave

Reaction score
I see.. Defo wasn't my soldering dude, I've 2 other guitars that I wired perfectly. And I actually stripped the electronics down to a minimum in this guitar as I only wanted to use the bridge pickup, so there was no switch. I guess the battery could have been a point of failure but it was brand new. Either way, I've stripped it down now and fixing the damage done. Lesson learned.

')