Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
NICE score... If you need anything about the piezo stuff, feel free to ring a bell. I've got two of the little sisters RG2027XVVs and I've done some serious experiments with them. Also, don't miss the thread about it - http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307998, - on the second page I do a test on the Mags+Piezo wiring possibilities.

Oh thanks for that! Great resource indeed. I'm not scared to modify a guitar - even an expensive one - but I might just leave this one alone. mainly because there's no need, but also due to rarity of these. However I'm mightily impressed by the playability of these, and the tones I get out of the Double Edge, so I'm definitely seeing myself getting more of piezo equipped Ibbies :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Old school hot rod with a new school hot rod
image_zpsseg7mrhj.jpg

juwanfidle09

Reaction score
Just sharing my Legator Ghost loaded with Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. It has flaws but I'm happy with the playability and tone that I am getting from it. :)
17757597_10155104885821963_8655262752498818499_n.jpg

m107a1

Reaction score
April 3rd 2000 built UV777BK. Born again in fire with Lundgren The One 7 pups, full fret level/grind/polish and action job w/ Bourne pots and Dimarzio barrel jack. Total sh!tshow made right...

1_by_m107a1-db6oi55.jpg

3_by_m107a1-db6oi5n.jpg

2_by_m107a1-db6oi5e.jpg

1_by_m107a1-db6oftp.jpg

3_by_m107a1-db6ofu1.jpg

2_by_m107a1-db6oftu.jpg

I bought one of these in summer 2000 and made a huge mistake selling it in 2008. Found a turd I could polish into gold last November. Super happy with the Hipshot Open Locking Tuners!

acohall26

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

This is my first post. A few years ago a video of Hiromi's sonicBLOOM turned up in my facebook feed, and I was hooked—especially on the guitar stylings of David Fiuczynski, who plays a double-neck guitar that has one fretless and one seven-string. The low string on the seven has its own saddle and is not affected by the tremolo system. I got super into Screaming Headless Torsos after that and started planning to build my own seven string.

Before building my seven, however, I was inspired to embrace the tremolo, as I never wanted that kind of sound before; I came up on classic rock and was largely a jamband guy, but I have since expanded my horizons by a lot, and I almost can't stand the jamband thing anymore. So, I installed a Stetsbar on my SG and played that for a while, but I was itching to get my hands on a seven string, and it had to have a tremolo. The problem was, I couldn't find an instrument in my price range that appealed to me aesthetically—everything just seemed to be geared toward metal players, which, though I like metal just fine (currently totally into Intronaut), I didn't want the appearance of my guitar to mislead people. So, I decided to get creative, and I bought an old DeArmond S67, which is an SG ripoff with seven strings and a stoptail/bridge. I stripped the paint and sanding sealer off the body and neck and re-stained everything red, then clear coated over it all. I had hipshot locking tuners put on, a Graphtech nut, a Kahler tremolo system, all new electronics with a true coil tap on the neck pickup and a series/parallel configuration on the bridge pickup, which are Seymour Duncan Jazz and Custom pickups respectively. I even ordered brand new knobs, and, as a kind of joke since I've unintentionally owned several guitars that have had moon inlay, I had a pick guard and truss rod cover made by Dave at Frets on the Net with the name of the Greek goddess of the moon in English and Greek (again, respectively). I even printed an image of an ancient Greek etching of said goddess onto some gelatin paper and put that on the headstock before lacquering.

So, whattaya think? I have some pictures here for ya to take a look. I am having some trouble with the strings getting hung up in the nut because of the tremolo, I think because of the angle to the tuners and the pitch of the headstock. I use Big Bends Nut Sauce, and I even started using coated strings, but the problem remains. I'm thinking of getting a different neck with a straight (or straighter) route to the tuners, but I have only found one place that would make what I need (after admittedly little research), and there is a lot of options that I don't really understand since I'm not a luthier. I also super want that Jericho Fusion 7 with tremolo that they're selling for 1k, but I gotta save some dough.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your responses! Cheers, mates!

Attachments

• thumb_FullSizeRender-4_1024.jpg
    thumb_FullSizeRender-4_1024.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 28
  • thumb_FullSizeRender-8_1024.jpg
    thumb_FullSizeRender-8_1024.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 36
  • thumb_FullSizeRender-10_1024.jpg
    thumb_FullSizeRender-10_1024.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 32
  • thumb_IMG_3686_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_3686_1024.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 27
  • thumb_IMG_3693_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_3693_1024.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 29

PierreV

Reaction score
Just got my first 7 string and loving it, it's a Woodo GS3 black alder.

Edit: Having some trouble getting pictures to show, working on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got my first 7 string and loving it, it's a Woodo GS3 black alder.

Edit: Having some trouble getting pictures to show, working on it.

I don't know if it still is a thing with the new format, but imgur doesn't allow for external linking anymore, so you'll need to do it from some other platform.

Also: I've looked up the model and the specs on it are amazing for the price. Are they any decent?

Edit: oh now they work :scratch:

PierreV

Reaction score
Also: I've looked up the model and the specs on it are amazing for the price. Are they any decent

It has some beauty issues here and there, like the lacquer not ending in a smooth line along the fretboard, but it has a big beefy neck, which I love in my guitars! plays very good, just need to get used to the feel of a 7, I foresee many a nights honing my skills.:coffee:

I just need to get two more hangers, and I can get the rest of them up.

I haven't seen a Leftie with an inverted headstock before, looks right and wrong at the same time!:frantic:
That Flame maple guitar is gorgeous, is it a Mayones?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I haven't seen a Leftie with an inverted headstock before, looks right and wrong at the same time!:frantic:
That Flame maple guitar is gorgeous, is it a Mayones?

Yep, Mayones Setius 7.

And I confuse myself sometimes when I look at the strat with the reversed headstock, since its a right-handed neck so the logo is upside down.

')