Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
67878362_1136147806568809_2601077136995385344_o (2).jpg
67577529_1136147453235511_2826035622605488128_o (2).jpg
67899963_1136148046568785_4761133369746522112_o (2).jpg

Themistocles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These are my babies. Nothing special, but they sound great to me!
having something that you love and you can express yourself with is all that matters. Gear is great but that fire and drive is indispensable. Some of the best recording sessions I conducted back when I did that for people were bare level gear but man did they come to play.

Gear is totemic... we can look at cool guitars and it triggers us to think.. how would that sound?

Daddiikong

Husband, Father, Musician, Guardian.
Reaction score
having something that you love and you can express yourself with is all that matters. Gear is great but that fire and drive is indispensable. Some of the best recording sessions I conducted back when I did that for people were bare level gear but man did they come to play.

Gear is totemic... we can look at cool guitars and it triggers us to think.. how would that sound?

Thanks. I'm new here and wasn't really sure how less expensive equipment would be viewed.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
While there is a long and convoluted story behind why this particular guitar exists, pleased how this worked out in the end. Not many people I know of that would have an iceman 7 string. Perle guitars body with the neck off of my first ibanez RG 7 string. Currently has pickups from my other RG 7 in it. Partly due to having them around, and partly wanting to get rid of parts and have them in a working guitar. Much to my surprise, the quantum pickups aren't medieval ear torture devices (looking at you axis, powersound, and infinity pickups). If I get some free scratch I may put new ones in but it's not a priority.

Carefreeship

needs a few more Ibanez
Reaction score
While there is a long and convoluted story behind why this particular guitar exists, pleased how this worked out in the end. Not many people I know of that would have an iceman 7 string. Perle guitars body with the neck off of my first ibanez RG 7 string. Currently has pickups from my other RG 7 in it. Partly due to having them around, and partly wanting to get rid of parts and have them in a working guitar. Much to my surprise, the quantum pickups aren't medieval ear torture devices (looking at you axis, powersound, and infinity pickups). If I get some free scratch I may put new ones in but it's not a priority.

I have been debating getting a Perle body for quite some time now. And I believe you have convinced me. That beast is exquisite

Phlegethon

Reaction score
I have been debating getting a Perle body for quite some time now. And I believe you have convinced me. That beast is exquisite

Perle guitars is easy to order from/work with. He answers emails and messages within a reasonable amount of time, and overall build quality is frighteningly high. Things of note:

His 7 string bodies are routed to accommodate Fujigen factory necks. MII necks will requre a bit of work to fit because they're wider and have different AANJ hole spacing. Wasn't a big deal for me because neck can (and in my case were) be plugged with maple dowels and redrilled. Neck and joint should have a bit of attention paid to as well, although slimming down the neck heel to fit may also need to be done by a millimeter or two. Thankfully the iceman neck pocket and my RG neck fit like they were made for each other, but still ... would check this regardless. So definitely see if any corrections need to be made before bolting a MII neck to a Perle guitars body.

Including a picture of a WIP RG 7 of mine to show an example of Perle pickguards. Just pick what you want from some drop down menus on his website and wait for it to ship. Ignore the pickup switch slot cut, that was me trying (and failing) to cut a selector switch slot. He laser cuts his pickguards and man do they look the business.

Carefreeship

needs a few more Ibanez
Reaction score
Perle guitars is easy to order from/work with. He answers emails and messages within a reasonable amount of time, and overall build quality is frighteningly high. Things of note:

His 7 string bodies are routed to accommodate Fujigen factory necks. MII necks will requre a bit of work to fit because they're wider and have different AANJ hole spacing. Wasn't a big deal for me because neck can (and in my case were) be plugged with maple dowels and redrilled. Neck and joint should have a bit of attention paid to as well, although slimming down the neck heel to fit may also need to be done by a millimeter or two. Thankfully the iceman neck pocket and my RG neck fit like they were made for each other, but still ... would check this regardless. So definitely see if any corrections need to be made before bolting a MII neck to a Perle guitars body.

Including a picture of a WIP RG 7 of mine to show an example of Perle pickguards. Just pick what you want from some drop down menus on his website and wait for it to ship. Ignore the pickup switch slot cut, that was me trying (and failing) to cut a selector switch slot. He laser cuts his pickguards and man do they look the business.

I have bought a few of his pickguards and they always fit perfectly. I've read some things about the pocket needing work depending on your specific neck. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is shelling out the cash to get a LoPro7 to fit those bridge routes

')