Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
How so? Pickup swap is the most forward reversible mod one can do to a guitar... unless of course one commits the barbaric action of routing the pickups' cavities... Go for white pickups and since you're at it, also white switch tip...

The problem on pickup swapping is finding the right swap, but then, place some PCB block connectors at the switch and test drive pickups at your will without having to do any solder job anymore or even inside of the guitar...

iu

Oh no, my problem is I could just never figure out which ones I want!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Oh no, my problem is I could just never figure out which ones I want!

... hence my suggestion on those bock connectors, you solder those pins to the circuit and then just plug in the pickups' leads. Dive bomb the trem, block it with a 9v battery and you have yourself a complete pickup swap in 10 minutes or so... I've been using these (or similar) connectors for more than 10 years without any problem whatsoever. Since they have no electrical components besides metal to metal contacts, it's completely true bypass. Some brands are starting to use these for their products like Seymour Duncan volume pots and similar stuff...

jaxadam

Reaction score
... hence my suggestion on those bock connectors, you solder those pins to the circuit and then just plug in the pickups' leads. Dive bomb the trem, block it with a 9v battery and you have yourself a complete pickup swap in 10 minutes or so... I've been using these (or similar) connectors for more than 10 years without any problem whatsoever. Since they have no electrical components besides metal to metal contacts, it's completely true bypass. Some brands are starting to use these for their products like Seymour Duncan volume pots and similar stuff...

That's actually a good suggestion, I'll have to check them out.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

Are those generic connectors or meant for guitars specifically?

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Finished my project guitar recently--it's a Schecter C7 Hellraiser. Pretty wicked, and it's the first 7 that I've had functioning in several years. The job is definitely amateur looking in several spots, but I intend for it to just be a beater/player. I stained it with a black and then a blue stain, then sanded a lot of it away and used a satin clear over everything. I also contoured the neck heel, so upper fret access isn't hindered at all! EMG 81-7/60-7 pickups. \m/

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8064.jpgIMG_8084.jpgIMG_8090.jpg

Reaction score
I'm slowly growing my own collection, but it is far from being even near what some of you have. Lets just say that I have 4 main guitars and 4 secondary ones. Some of the secondary ones are played about once or twice a year if that much and the main ones sometimes are left unplayed for more than a month or so. I'm having guitars to which I don't change strings for more than a year for sure.

So, the questions here are: how often do you guys who have that kind of collections play said elements and how often do you change their strings? Honest question here, please don't troll me...

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I change mine about 2-4 times a year. (that will probably make some people gasp at the 2 lol)

I have 10 guitars and 3 basses (#11 guitar should get here on the 11th unless shipping is delayed)

I actually play all of mine though pretty regularly. I just have them in sets for different tunings. Changing strings are expensive as heck if you do it all the time. So I try to make them last as long as possible.

Bass strings...I almost never change. $35-$40 a pop for a package in Canada means those suckers are lasting till they fall off.

mbardu

Reaction score
You can't just give us the headstocks. WE WANT COMPLETE PHOTOS OF SAID GUITARS, SPECIALLY THE 14 STRINGS ONE...

Should we go ahead and reserve the fourteenstrings.org domain name for a future discussion forum?
Also, one of those strings has way too many turns around the tuner...it's making me uncomfortable :lol:

')