Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an ESP M207 that is being worked on right now. My favorite 727 is in Indiana. Maple fingerboard Interceptor pro 727 in Green. I had an Ibanez acoustic 7 string and some POS stole it in Louisville, KY. I love the Dean acoustic, though. I wish I never sold my Agile Hawker 727. I have been seeking one for a year and I can't seem to buy one.
The Agile MC is awesome, too. I bought it because I wanted a Buckethead Gibson but I didn't want to pay 4k or so.

Also, if there is a sign that I am sometimes lazy or procatinate I offer the fact that I still have not put back on the knob on the "budget buckethead".
If there is an another Agile fan on here....do Agile cepheus pickups always say "agile" on them?
have a happy 4th of July, especially friends in the UK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hamoftruth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man so many 7620s! I been keeping my eyes peeled for a decent one but prices seem all over the place right now.

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
IMG_1343 copy.jpg

IMG_1345 copy.jpg

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've logged in. Thought I'd have a group photo for once. Only one guitar missing, a black rg2228a in black to go with the galaxy white 2228a.

Attachments

• 20220709_133803.jpg
    20220709_133803.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220709_133645.jpg
    20220709_133645.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • 20220709_131338.jpg
    20220709_131338.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • 20220709_131307.jpg
    20220709_131307.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93

hamoftruth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've logged in. Thought I'd have a group photo for once. Only one guitar missing, a black rg2228a in black to go with the galaxy white 2228a.
In the third photo, second from the left - which 7 string RG model is that?

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
In the third photo, second from the left - which 7 string RG model is that?
This one? It's an RG8527 dbk (transparent dark black I think). It's a j custom from a long time ago. Unsure of It's date of manufacture.

Attachments

• 20220709_172754.jpg
    20220709_172754.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220709_173032.jpg
    20220709_173032.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20220709_173106.jpg
    20220709_173106.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 55

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Daaang that's a good'n :wub:
It's really nice but it's no case queen. The previous owner really put it through its paces. Still looks good but it's got some battlescars. I tried to buy a 8 or 9/10 example a while ago but someone here snapped it up first I think haha.

Reaction score
UV777P - Check
RG2027XVV - Check
AJ307CE-NT - Check

How do you feel about 7 stringer acoustic? Mine has received "The Bridge Doctor" to manage/control the top's belly due to string pull, Graphtech nut and saddle and Gotoh tuners. She now plays beautifully.

Great collection there... I'd suggest you to find an S5527 or an S5427... those are great as well.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
UV777P - Check
RG2027XVV - Check
AJ307CE-NT - Check

How do you feel about 7 stringer acoustic? Mine has received "The Bridge Doctor" to manage/control the top's belly due to string pull, Graphtech nut and saddle and Gotoh tuners. She now plays beautifully.

Great collection there... I'd suggest you to find an S5527 or an S5427... those are great as well.
I've never thought about the acoustic much when I play it other than it sounded and played well. I did have issues with thicker gauges when I tuned to standard but as a shredder I just went with 9's on mine, mildly shameful but it works for me. I had a second bridge saddle piece that was low profile that I used instead of the original and it seems to work in my favour for low action. The hardware on mine has seen better days. The gold has faded and should probably be replaced at some point. I just googled the bridge doctor and it looks interesting. I've never thought of it before.

As for the uv I believe it's a uv777bk which didn't have the 5 piece neck with volute at the nut like the P. This one just has a one piece neck that's got an angled cut for the headstock.

Reaction score
I've never thought about the acoustic much when I play it other than it sounded and played well. I did have issues with thicker gauges when I tuned to standard but as a shredder I just went with 9's on mine, mildly shameful but it works for me. I had a second bridge saddle piece that was low profile that I used instead of the original and it seems to work in my favour for low action. The hardware on mine has seen better days. The gold has faded and should probably be replaced at some point. I just googled the bridge doctor and it looks interesting. I've never thought of it before.

As for the uv I believe it's a uv777bk which didn't have the 5 piece neck with volute at the nut like the P. This one just has a one piece neck that's got an angled cut for the headstock.
I once was about to play the acoustic and it was unplayable due to extremely high action, the neck was straight. Then I looked at the bridge and the top was presenting itself like a dad belly... I immediately sourced for help on local luthiers, they first spoke of re-setting the neck, giving it a bit more angle, but the top's belly concerned me quite a bit, I managed to find that "The Bridge Doctor" thing in Stewart Macdonald and spoke about it to the luthiers, which they replied positively and we went that path. It saved me a lot of money and a possible top swap later down the road. I swapped the tuners because the original ones never felt solid, although I didn't had tuning issues. So when the time came, locking Gotoh tuners it is, kind of to step away from the Hipshot ones, which are not that great.

Regarding the UV, I wasn't aware of those subtleties in the naming, mine is from 2000, so I guess it has a similar neck to yours, no volute as well, back screws/mount locking nut, LoPro Edge... and broken/shattered mirror pickguard, which I've replaced for a new one with my own designs engraved...

My RG2027XVVs (I have 2 of these) have received lots of mods also, completely different wiring schemes and pickups, but the most significant mod was to have the piezos all in the same phase, their wires all all white or all black and not in alternate color as they came from factory. It makes a world of a difference when mixing them with the mags (KJG mod must also be done, it's just swapping the on/on mini switch for an ON/ON/ON one...).

@TheReal7 nice collection there, how's the AJ307 behaving?

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I once was about to play the acoustic and it was unplayable due to extremely high action, the neck was straight. Then I looked at the bridge and the top was presenting itself like a dad belly... I immediately sourced for help on local luthiers, they first spoke of re-setting the neck, giving it a bit more angle, but the top's belly concerned me quite a bit, I managed to find that "The Bridge Doctor" thing in Stewart Macdonald and spoke about it to the luthiers, which they replied positively and we went that path. It saved me a lot of money and a possible top swap later down the road. I swapped the tuners because the original ones never felt solid, although I didn't had tuning issues. So when the time came, locking Gotoh tuners it is, kind of to step away from the Hipshot ones, which are not that great.

Regarding the UV, I wasn't aware of those subtleties in the naming, mine is from 2000, so I guess it has a similar neck to yours, no volute as well, back screws/mount locking nut, LoPro Edge... and broken/shattered mirror pickguard, which I've replaced for a new one with my own designs engraved...

My RG2027XVVs (I have 2 of these) have received lots of mods also, completely different wiring schemes and pickups, but the most significant mod was to have the piezos all in the same phase, their wires all all white or all black and not in alternate color as they came from factory. It makes a world of a difference when mixing them with the mags (KJG mod must also be done, it's just swapping the on/on mini switch for an ON/ON/ON one...).

@TheReal7 nice collection there, how's the AJ307 behaving?
I think my 2027 came with the kjg mod already. I bought it from America from a guy called Eric. I'm sure he was on here. Memory is hazy on the mod specifics but I'm sure it was done by him.

As for the 777bk, yeah mine is the same. Google the 777p and you'll see the 5 piece neck and volute. I wonder if they had problems with the original design breaking or something.

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice. Tell me how the prs 7 and the AZ (I think?) Ibanezs are. Tempted by both models. Always good to see a fellow AJ307 user. 👌

Edit - just saw your thread on these az guitars. Very nice indeed.
Thank you. I got that PRS SVN in 2018. I prefer the AZ neck profile and radius but the wide-thin and 10" radius is very nice too. Neck is incredibly perfect otherwise. I put a BKP Painkiller in the bridge. Doubt I'll ever sell it. Great for recording and having a different flavour in the mix. I used on a few song on my new album. I had 3 PRS 7 strings at one point. Would love to have kept em all but you know how it goes. Sell gear to get new gear lol

')