Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Love that quilt blue one, but they are all sweet as hell :yesway:

Rep for the holdsworth display picture bro:bowdown:

CIMG4947.jpg

CIMG4946.jpg

CIMG4943.jpg

CIMG4926.jpg

CIMG4925.jpg

CIMG4940.jpg

rob_l

Reaction score
^ LOVIN that white DragonRider. Badass!

Picked up another 747 in Blue Mist Silver yesterday. Minty fresh at a local GC... My first Carvin with a rosewood board. :D Very happy.

747bm1.JPG

747bm6.JPG

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^ LOVIN that white DragonRider. Badass!

Picked up another 747 in Blue Mist Silver yesterday. Minty fresh at a local GC... My first Carvin with a rosewood board. :D Very happy.

747bm1.JPG

747bm6.JPG

Nice addition to your impressive collection of Carvins. That silver is slick. :cool:

John Rosett

7-string steel
Reaction score
Here's a 1947 Gibson lap steel that I converted to 7 string a few years ago. It was a basket case when I got it, so now collector's items were harmed during this experiment.
When I started playing steel, I tried a few different tunings and guitars. I settled on G6, but didn't like the 8 string tuning with the 6 on the bottom. The 7 string arrangement with the root on the bottom just works best for me. I filled and redrilled the treble side of the peghead and used some mandolin tuners. I took the one piece bridge to a machine shop and had them cut new slots between the existing ones. The pickup was custom made by Jerry Wallace of Truetone Pickups, and sounds great. I wanted a lollar fixed-pole P-90, but it was $100 more than the Truetone, and I just couldn't afford it.
Next is a dobro conversion.

Attachments

• gibsonsteel5.jpg
    gibsonsteel5.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 650
  • gibsonsteel1.jpg
    gibsonsteel1.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 648
  • gibsonsteel2.jpg
    gibsonsteel2.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 650
  • gibsonsteel3.jpg
    gibsonsteel3.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Gibson7string.jpg
    Gibson7string.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 643

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Crabclaw7.jpg

i don't care what any naysayer says, that thing looks metal as fuck(besides the chip out of the lower horn and the dirty headstock)

')