Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
shot a pic of the two Jackson USAs. New sets of BKPs coming for them soon :mrburns:

Attachments

• FAB66D90-B85C-4A2B-89D9-42FC20D6BA51_1_105_c.jpg
    FAB66D90-B85C-4A2B-89D9-42FC20D6BA51_1_105_c.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 71

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daddiikong

Husband, Father, Musician, Guardian.
Reaction score
Finished my project guitar recently--it's a Schecter C7 Hellraiser. Pretty wicked, and it's the first 7 that I've had functioning in several years. The job is definitely amateur looking in several spots, but I intend for it to just be a beater/player. I stained it with a black and then a blue stain, then sanded a lot of it away and used a satin clear over everything. I also contoured the neck heel, so upper fret access isn't hindered at all! EMG 81-7/60-7 pickups. \m/

View attachment 88717

View attachment 88718View attachment 88719View attachment 88720

That is nice! Well done!

shupe13

Reaction score
Reaction score
It's cool, but I think the concept would work much better with a different guitar finish tbh. Say a matte white or trans black finished body to give a ton of contrast and really let the rainbow theme pop through.

Agreed! this is me trying NOT to buy another guitar..... yet

mbardu

Reaction score
And here are the last pictures of my collection, along with already posted ones (https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/random-pics-of-your-sevens.20068/page-230#post-5226323)

Single-brands: Solar, Strandberg, Ibanez, Ran & Vik:
View attachment 89777

Aristides:
View attachment 89778

Erni Ball Music Man:
View attachment 89779

Ormsby (customs):
View attachment 89780

Rusti:
View attachment 89781

Since you have a huge variety of high end to compare with...how is the Solar?
Not in fancy materials or finish necessarily, but basic finish and playability?

Xykhron

Reaction score
Since you have a huge variety of high end to compare with...how is the Solar?
Not in fancy materials or finish necessarily, but basic finish and playability?
I'm very happy with the Solar. I think this is the only one guitar I own that still has factory setup.
Playability is good, fretwork is better than other guitars I own (and/or owned). Fret ends are well cut without any sharpness. Action is low (1.5 mm en low string) and has no dead spots. What is strange for me is the tension of factory strings, which is 9 (or 10) to 62 and with 26.5" scale it seems to have less tension than other guitars I own with shorter scale and thinner strings.

The only bad point about this guitar is the weight, 4150 grams. I know it has Evertune and is neck through, with maple and mahogany, but 300-400 grams less would be great.

And I agree that it maybe has not premium woods and the top is a veneer, but I'm very pleased with it.

In case you are interested, I made a "in-depth" review of it on my YT channel. Here's the link to english language version (there is also another one in spanish):

mbardu

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the Solar. I think this is the only one guitar I own that still has factory setup.
Playability is good, fretwork is better than other guitars I own (and/or owned). Fret ends are well cut without any sharpness. Action is low (1.5 mm en low string) and has no dead spots. What is strange for me is the tension of factory strings, which is 9 (or 10) to 62 and with 26.5" scale it seems to have less tension than other guitars I own with shorter scale and thinner strings.

The only bad point about this guitar is the weight, 4150 grams. I know it has Evertune and is neck through, with maple and mahogany, but 300-400 grams less would be great.

And I agree that it maybe has not premium woods and the top is a veneer, but I'm very pleased with it.

In case you are interested, I made a "in-depth" review of it on my YT channel. Here's the link to english language version (there is also another one in spanish):

Really appreciate the thorough answer. Thanks!

')