Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
20240816-135644.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My wife spruced up my music room for my birthday and I love it! She painted, put up some new decorations and put some rugs in. I have to bring my recording stuff back up there and get that set up.

I'm still working on organizing guitars but this is my 7 string stand with a 7620, 1527, 7420, 7321, RGA7, ARZIR27FB (plus an RGA8).

Screenshot_20240825_142308_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240825_204843_Gallery.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
My wife spruced up my music room for my birthday and I love it! She painted, put up some new decorations and put some rugs in. I have to bring my recording stuff back up there and get that set up.

I'm still working on organizing guitars but this is my 7 string stand with a 7620, 1527, 7420, 7321, RGA7, ARZIR27FB (plus an RGA8).

View attachment 148810

View attachment 148813
Your wife rocks! And happy belated birthday :)

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Alberto7 beautiful guitars, I love the RG of course but those JP's are so awesome.

Did you get the Carvon new or second hand? Great woods on that!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
@Alberto7 beautiful guitars, I love the RG of course but those JP's are so awesome.

Did you get the Carvon new or second hand? Great woods on that!
Thanks man! I'm the first owner. I received it in May of 2010. It was my first high end guitar and my first NGD in SSO. Spec'd out like the 19 year old that I was at the time :lol: but I haven't seen one like it since. The racing stripes look is a little polarizing, but I still dig it all these years later. Not my greatest sounding guitar, but something tells me it might be the wiring and elctronics, so I'm likely re-wiring the entire thing with brand new components and wires some time in the near future. It's on its 3rd set of pickups, and it's just always sounded a bit sizzly and undefined no matter what I do. Not terrible, but I definitely hear it when I compare it to my other 7s.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I love it, reminds me of the vintage neck through Ibanez Artists or like an Alembic. Makes me feel antiquated knowing that look is out of style in favor of cosmic bursts and burl.
Funny to think that a look that was once classic or even antiquated is now almost contrarian!

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm the first owner. I received it in May of 2010. It was my first high end guitar and my first NGD in SSO. Spec'd out like the 19 year old that I was at the time :lol: but I haven't seen one like it since. The racing stripes look is a little polarizing, but I still dig it all these years later. Not my greatest sounding guitar, but something tells me it might be the wiring and elctronics, so I'm likely re-wiring the entire thing with brand new components and wires some time in the near future. It's on its 3rd set of pickups, and it's just always sounded a bit sizzly and undefined no matter what I do. Not terrible, but I definitely hear it when I compare it to my other 7s.
I have a Carvin that had the same problem, with the stock wiring and electronics. I tried at least 3 different pickup sets in it, with the stock wiring and such, and it just never sounded right to me. Now I have a set of P90's in it with all new and much more simplified wiring, and it sounds amazing! Worth a try on yours to see if it helps.....

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Carvin that had the same problem, with the stock wiring and electronics. I tried at least 3 different pickup sets in it, with the stock wiring and such, and it just never sounded right to me. Now I have a set of P90's in it with all new and much more simplified wiring, and it sounds amazing! Worth a try on yours to see if it helps.....
That's encouraging! Thanks for the feedback. I currently have a Nazgul/Sentient set in it, and it sounds better than it ever has, but it still has a quality I don't like. I have a Lundgren M7 I got recently that is going in it some time soon. I think I'll try that, and if that doesn't work, I'll just get all brand new components and do what you did.

... I hadn't thought of P90s in it though. That's a good idea. :idea:

Latest posts

')