Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
This is an oddball case no matter how you look at it. I think the issue is whether the band or the club is at fault. If the club didn't take precautions to protect the band, they can probably chalk the shove up to self defense. Why didn't the club have security posted to protect the act from stage encroachment? Most venues would have had staff grab him and put him out of the show...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
I guess it shows my age a little, but I'm always turned off by how crazy some people get at shows*. During a somewhat recent Opeth gig there was this huuuge dude that was going wild, shoving people and trying to mosh during stuff like Windowpaine and Closure. The guy looked 'roided as hell and ended up punching a tiny 4'8" girl in the face because someone bumped him. It took four or five of us to hold him back from beating the shit out of her, and security took a good 8-10 minutes to show up (even with people yelling for them).
I also see climbing up on the stage as a huge sign of disrespect. The band is there to entertain, not to keep people from mashing their pedals or trying to hug the singer or hit some cymbals. I've never stagedived so maybe I'm missing out on a great activity, but I'd rather not potentially piss off the band and get hurt or hurt someone trying to catch me.

* Stuff like the circle pit at LoG shows or wild moshpits are a little different, and I can see the draw in being part of that. You can generally move out of it if you're not interested, and most of the time people will help you up if you fall and pull you aside if you look hurt.

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
Really? Care to explain instead of saying someone is an idiot then bouncing? :noplease:

I shouldn't have said that you guys were basically implying it, it really just came off as that way. Sorry for offense if it was taken but it really did come off as that way with some of you.

(1)Some of you guys saying Randy should rot if he is guilty should really think before saying that. (2)Saying that means your basically saying he killed the kid on purpose, which is obviously not the case. (3)Hating someone over an accidental un-intended death is just retarded.

(1)No one said he should "rot
(2)No it doesn't
(3)No one was "hating"

I guess because you kind of apologised for your comment, I apologise for mine. I should have said:

This comment. This comment makes you look like an idiot. That is all

Ah, but it is YOU who is the idiot, chief.

Guess I won't explain either. :)

Good job champ

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I guess it shows my age a little, but I'm always turned off by how crazy some people get at shows*. During a somewhat recent Opeth gig there was this huuuge dude that was going wild, shoving people and trying to mosh during stuff like Windowpaine and Closure. The guy looked 'roided as hell and ended up punching a tiny 4'8" girl in the face because someone bumped him. It took four or five of us to hold him back from beating the shit out of her, and security took a good 8-10 minutes to show up (even with people yelling for them).
I also see climbing up on the stage as a huge sign of disrespect. The band is there to entertain, not to keep people from mashing their pedals or trying to hug the singer or hit some cymbals. I've never stagedived so maybe I'm missing out on a great activity, but I'd rather not potentially piss off the band and get hurt or hurt someone trying to catch me.

I hate those people. Most gigs I go to tend to be pretty well mannered, but there are always people who think moshing is about being violent and not giving a sit about other people's welfare.

I've never known a venue that has actually allowed stage diving openly, it mostly seems to be down to the band's discretion as to whether they encourage it or not. Some bands like their space on stage, no distractions, others are more comfortable with it. I personally haven't ever done it and probably wouldn't.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
(1)No one said he should "rot"
(2)No it doesn't
(3)No one was "hating"

1. Yes, someone did. Someone said he should rot in jail if accused. I really find someone being told to rot over a complete accident is retarded.
2. Kind of goes in hand with #1, except I kind of don't quite remember my motive for saying that.
3. The aggressive comments sure sounded like they were pissed as at him, or hated him because of something like this happened. I don't mean literally, once again it just came off like that quite a bit.

Randy certainly didn't have the last push, it looked like he was just leading him over to the audience again to have him get down or to try and slightly force him down there as a kind of motion to gtfo. Security guard really DID NOT have to shove the kid that fucking hard, if at all. It does also seem like he easily landed on top of attendees and his supposed fall was easily cushioned by other peoples faces.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If I got hit in the head hard enough to cause some damage, I probably wouldn't be holding up the horns, which implies that the killing blow didn't occur in that image, but afterwards. He rushed the stage three times, and security only got to him the third time. Randy was probably holding the kid for security to remove him, as it's not his job to do so.

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
1. Yes, someone did. Someone said he should rot in jail if accused. I really find someone being told to rot over a complete accident is retarded.
2. Kind of goes in hand with #1, except I kind of don't quite remember my motive for saying that.
3. The aggressive comments sure sounded like they were pissed as at him, or hated him because of something like this happened. I don't mean literally, once again it just came off like that quite a bit.

I didn't go through all the comments, but I control+f'd the first 5 pages and the only person to say the word "rot" was you. I dunno, maybe you saw it said on a different website or forum.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I didn't go through all the comments, but I control+f'd the first 5 pages and the only person to say the word "rot" was you. I dunno, maybe you saw it said on a different website or forum.

Actually, only other forum I go on is Agile Guitar Forum, and their a bunch of blues/country/jazz/rock guys. I think I've seen Lamb of God mentioned once in my 2+ years of being there.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
So here's the video of the "fight" I just thought people should see this.

RANDY BLYTHE alleged manslaughter - SLOW MOTION - YouTube

(mods if I am at fault please remove video)

Edit:
I guess I'm not to bright so I didn't know how to embed the video, I'm sorry guys:wallbash:

Kid is standing;
Randy and Security Bro do at least equal parts of the push;
Kid looks like he should land in the crowd. I suppose it's possible he faceplanted the rail though, but... hard to see.

Reaction score
I hope justice prevails.

Besides, it's not a loss. They can just get another vocalist; he's no Lord Worm.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I hope justice prevails.

Besides, it's not a loss. They can just get another vocalist; he's no Lord Worm.

One with a voice that fucked up? No. It just works too good to be replaceable. And he actually has a real hard to replace singing voice, where he is actually singing.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Wow, this thread....

Kid goes to show, wants to stagedive, gets pushed, dies. And if that wasn't tragic enough, I see tons of comments ala "that kid was a moron", "he clearly shouldnt have gotten on stage", blablabla..Dimebag blablabla...what. the. fuck. seriously? So, there is a show in this club, where evidently always is stagedive action - also during the other bands on that evening. How is this kid supposed to know that it makes Randy feel uncomfortbale or whatever? And that video - someone might enlighten me, becasue I seemed to have missed the point where it is made certain that this is really showing that "push" in question (and not one of the other 2 that where mentioned to happen before?)...

I'm not judging Randy, nor do i judge the kid - because I simply do not know enough and was not there.

I usually don't even write in such threads, but seeing as how many also here are pissing on that kids grave is a huge disappointement.

Reactions: MJS
')